Newest, Largest E-Power is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Got the Black E-Power 2200 in and been using it. Giving it the green light. NICE! Has an 18650 battery @ 2200mAH with 510 atomizer. You can see it here. Look under "Detailed Images" for a closeup toward the bottom of the page.

Comes with:

Atomizer: 2PC; 510
Battery: 2PCS; 18650, 2200mAh
Battery cover: 1 PC
Threading with PCB: 1PC Silver
Charger: 1PC
Cartridge: 5PCS; Empty
Manual: 1PC

Don

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
Do you have the overall dimensions on this in comparison with the 14650 based e-power unit, or a picture or video of the two side by side? I've looked and haven't been able to find anything. I know the difference in size of the batteries(2mm in diameter) but I'm more interested in the size of the unit overall. I was on the verge of ordering some backup Riva batteries when I stumbled on this thing last night. I was also looking at dipping my toes into modding starting with an 18650 based flashlight mod. If the 18650 e-power isn't too large and awkward to tote around I'd rather not have to deal with stocking and charging multiple types of these generic batteries if I can avoid it. Would I be correct in assuming that both units are the exact same height and the 18650 is fatter by just 2mm diameter?

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Well, when I get to the shop in the morning, or unless I can figure out how to get a picture up, I will do that so you can see the difference compared to the original or something else. I am a little rusty on the metric system, but it is about 5 3/4" from the end of the cone to the end of the battery and about 3/4" in diameter.

Hope this helps. I will still get a picture up soon. After about 3 days and rotating about 4 e-cigs, it is still going. Of course this is not your average battery, it will drop to 2.75v before it cuts off.

Don

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Here is the comparison photo I promised. As I said the 2200 is a tad over 3/4" diameter and from bottom of battery to top of cone is a tad over 5-3/4". That is a quarter at the bottom for comparison.

Hope this helps.

Don

Compare.jpg

deathtobacco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 17, 2010
    Lawrence, KS
    Hi Don--
    I got the e power 2200 kit from you and it works wonderfully, I really like it. If you are considering it I would say go for it and Don's customer service is second to none.

I have one question for you Don. This kit came with 18650 batteries that are 2200 mah. I have some 18650's from my Chuck that are 3000 mah. Can I use these batteries on the e power kit? It seems like it would work, but I wanted to ask first.

Thank you again for the great deal.

Bill

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 17, 2009
    Central Texas USA
    Bill, I am going to tell you to do so at your own risk. I have asked the manufacturer the same thing. I got a "Only use the batteries that came with it."

Maybe the PCB in the switch was not designed for it. Not sure. I had some of the same batteries, maybe they came out of my Indulgence.

Glad you like it. I know I have gone a full 2 days on mine and starting a 3rd when I thought I had better charge it. Not sure how long it will last.

Don

MDethCKR

Jun 15, 2011
    IL
    this sounds interesting! do you know if the switch is tough enough for dual coil cartomizers? I've read that a 2 amp switch is needed for the new dual coils ...

FWIW, I know this thread has a little bit of dust on it. See below

clutchjunkie: I have been using dual coils on my e-power with no problems for a couple of months now. The mosfet inside the switch is rated for 4.5 amps, I don't remember the part # but I popped mine apart awhile back and looked up the datasheet on it.

BTW, I do not recommend opening the e-power switch housing. Those tiny wires are a PITA to solder back in and they will break loose.

Chopper71

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 26, 2011
    Broadway,Virginia
    Ok noob volt question here please don't laugh lol.I was looking at this on your site last week.I even posted a thread on it....http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/204656-thoughts-about-kgo-e-power.html.I I know the 1050 is a 3.7 volt is the 2200 the same? or a higher voltage.See I told you it was a noob volt question lol.

EDIT:For some reason it say's page not found when you click on it.

EDIT:Ok never mind I found the answer to my noob question.

Last edited:

hairball

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    The switch is a low profile switch. I did have a switch that was lower than the rest but I have been using both for months with no problem. I think the original ones were having a problem.

They did send me some new ones anyway. Can't tell a difference.

Don

Thank you for the information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread