Nickel wire builds keep Saying "Atomizer Short" intermittently - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Currently Messing with Nickel wire for the first time and it will work for a few hours and suddenly say "Atomizer Short" a few times and give me a headache while I'm out of the house at work. Any ideas why? For the record not new to this been vaping/rebuilding and have been doing this for a few years... Ohms law etc.

But this Nickel wire is getting the best of me and I thought why not get with the times and try something new

Current Build is 24g NI200 6 spaced wraps on a 9/64 Bit. Not touching the deck/inside chimney so could it be touching the shaft that goes into the chimney piece? I'm stumped ( and its quite frustrating at times)

Any insight would be great.

Mahalo nui loa !!
Reign

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
What's the resistance reading? What mod and tank are you using? Are you locking the resistance?
A little more info could help.

The resistance Flutters anywhere from .09 - 2 ish. KangerSubtank the big boy. Yes locking the resistance and I tried unlocking it and thats when it flutters. But even locked resistance it will Say the "Atomizer Short"

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I second that, try to get another wrap or two. That way when it does Flux it doesn't drop below the .05? threshold on your device. Even if locked if it goes below the safety cutoff you will get the short error. When I was using nickel wire I tried to be closer to .07 or .06. Ymmv
Is the coil usually hot when it happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread