Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
(FOR THE MOST RECENT RESULTS, PLEASE JUMP TO PAGE 13)
We often get questions about the relative safety of vaping. There are some ingedients that industry leaders have determined should be measured. At this time there is no specific "limit" to the amount of any ingredient - but - it is generally accepted that there be little or no Diacetyl. That said, our official position is that the FDA has deemed that ecigarettes are every bit as dangerous as traditional combustible cigarettes. Do your research - I have skin in the game so I am biased! :)

Diketones!

lpD2k1G.png

TSNAs - typically this comes along with Naturally Extracted tobacco...

KaWBR5X.png

This is a BOLD move for Nicoticket. We're committed to transparency. We need to give you the data and let you determine your tolerance for risk!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
  • Deleted by Katia
  • Reason: no longer valid

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
oh boy.......a benefit of being a night owl........I get to be the first to say

yay congrats WTG Huge smiley thumb up.jpg

It irritates the stuffin outta me when certain vendors won't even say what pg/vg they use. I'm not asking for your recipe, I'm asking what I'm vaping. I can't handle high vg. Y'all are awesome!!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
oh boy.......a benefit of being a night owl........I get to be the first to say

View attachment 458412

It irritates the stuffin outta me when certain vendors won't even say what pg/vg they use. I'm not asking for your recipe, I'm asking what I'm vaping. I can't handle high vg. Y'all are awesome!!!

We've been testing for a long time - I thought it was about damn time we posted it... trusting the people that hover over those bottles is the most important thing to me when I buy liquid. You need to know what's in it!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Bold move indeed, and one that only a vendor who truly cares about his customers would make, rock on MOS!

I know that the flavor profile I enjoy can only come with flavorings that carry more risk than others, how much risk is still not known, but it keeps me off the coffin nails :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Bold move indeed, and one that only a vendor who truly cares about his customers would make, rock on MOS!

I know that the flavor profile I enjoy can only come with flavorings that carry more risk than others, how much risk is still not known, but it keeps me off the coffin nails :)

Anyone want to see the numbers of a traditional tobacco cigarette? ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
If you know them already, I'd love to.......I'll send it to the govenor who's got a crappy anti vaping bill on his desk!!!

Here are a few of the chemicals in tobacco smoke, and other places they are found:
  • Acetone – found in nail polish remover
  • Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
  • Ammonia – a common household cleaner
  • Arsenic – used in rat poison
  • Benzene – found in rubber cement
  • Butane – used in lighter fluid
  • Cadmium – active component in battery acid
  • Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
  • Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
  • Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
  • Lead – used in batteries
  • Naphthalene – an ingredient in moth balls
  • Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
  • Nicotine – used as insecticide
  • Tar – material for paving roads
  • Toluene - used to manufacture paint

EvilBeast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just FYI - expect a rework of Frenilla and Strawnilla.

Although it kinda saddens me to see the recipes change, I completely understand and I believe you'll make it something just as good if not even better! Will the change be really soon? Thanks Clark,for posting it..This is why I love Nicoticket!

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
I am happy you posted this, and I respect you for it.
however, one thing kinda makes me a little mad..... you have always specifically said (from image below) "this liquid does *NOT* contain diacetyl, but *DOES* contain acetoin, acytyl propionyl or both."
custards-last-stand-new.png
now, with these results, you are showing that the liquid does have diacetyl in it. all this time I thought I was diacetyl free :(

Last edited:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
however, one thing kinda makes me a little mad..... you have always specifically said (from image below) "this liquid does *NOT* contain diacetyl, but *DOES* contain acetoin, acytyl propionyl or both."
View attachment 458434 now, with these results, you are showing that the liquid does have diacetyl in it. all this time I thought I was diacetyl free :(

I noticed this as well. Here's my take. Notice some of the jooses are marked with "ND", by the legend, that indicates that the diacetyl levels are Non Detectable or below the Method Detection Limit. The rest are marked with "J", indicating levels below the limit standard, but (barely?) above the Method Detection Limit.

So, levels are low enough to be considered diacetyl free?

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Dayuuum this took some serious cajones to post this. Bravo to you, sir.

Ive always looked at e-liquid as a form of harm REDUCTION. Not as HARMLESS. I'll take the harmful aspects of e-liquid over the harmful aspects of cigarettes any day. While I love me some Frenilla and Strawnilla, I'll gladly take a less harmful version of both. It'll take me about 9 months to deplete my current stash though :thumbs:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
View attachment 458434 now, with these results, you are showing that the liquid does have diacetyl in it. all this time I thought I was diacetyl free :(

You still are - the 'J' Designation means the values are statistically insignificant. We consider AP to be every bit as "dangerous". Being diacetyl free is the moral equivalent of only smoking Marlboro Lights because they are safer. The reason the value is greater than zero is because we use the best lab in the country - not some redneck testing laboratory who is willing to raise the level of tolerance to arrive at 'ND'. IE, look how low they are and compare them to other vendors, and notice that not a single flavor is missing a J designation. This validates what I have been saying from the beginning - reduce or entirely remove diketones. AP is next - we need to get those numbers down!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I noticed this as well. Here's my take. Notice some of the jooses are marked with "ND", by the legend, that indicates that the diacetyl levels are Non Detectable or below the Method Detection Limit. The rest are marked with "J", indicating levels below the limit standard, but (barely?) above the Method Detection Limit.

So, levels are low enough to be considered diacetyl free?

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread