The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicoticket Testing Results

Discussion in 'Nicoticket' started by Kent Brooks, May 21, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kent Brooks

Kent Brooks Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

(FOR THE MOST RECENT RESULTS, PLEASE JUMP TO PAGE 13)
    We often get questions about the relative safety of vaping. There are some ingedients that industry leaders have determined should be measured. At this time there is no specific "limit" to the amount of any ingredient - but - it is generally accepted that there be little or no Diacetyl. That said, our official position is that the FDA has deemed that ecigarettes are every bit as dangerous as traditional combustible cigarettes. Do your research - I have skin in the game so I am biased! :)

Diketones!

[​IMG]

TSNAs - typically this comes along with Naturally Extracted Tobacco...

[​IMG]

This is a BOLD move for Nicoticket. We're committed to transparency. We need to give you the data and let you determine your tolerance for risk!

• Like Like x 39
  2. Kent Brooks
    This message by Kent Brooks has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 1, 2016, Reason: no longer valid.
    May 21, 2015
  3. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    oh boy.......a benefit of being a night owl........I get to be the first to say

yay congrats WTG Huge smiley thumb up.jpg

It irritates the stuffin outta me when certain vendors won't even say what pg/vg they use. I'm not asking for your recipe, I'm asking what I'm vaping. I can't handle high vg. Y'all are awesome!!!

• Like Like x 8
  4. Kent Brooks

We've been testing for a long time - I thought it was about damn time we posted it... trusting the people that hover over those bottles is the most important thing to me when I buy liquid. You need to know what's in it!

• Like Like x 13
  5. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Bold move indeed, and one that only a vendor who truly cares about his customers would make, rock on MOS!

I know that the flavor profile I enjoy can only come with flavorings that carry more risk than others, how much risk is still not known, but it keeps me off the coffin nails :)

• Like Like x 8
  6. Kent Brooks

Anyone want to see the numbers of a traditional tobacco cigarette? ;)

• Like Like x 12
  7. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    If you know them already, I'd love to.......I'll send it to the govenor who's got a crappy anti vaping bill on his desk!!!

• Like Like x 9
  8. Kent Brooks

Here are a few of the chemicals in tobacco smoke, and other places they are found:
    • Acetone – found in nail polish remover
    • Acetic Acid – an ingredient in hair dye
    • Ammonia – a common household cleaner
    • Arsenic – used in rat poison
    • Benzene – found in rubber cement
    • Butane – used in lighter fluid
    • Cadmium – active component in battery acid
    • Carbon Monoxide – released in car exhaust fumes
    • Formaldehyde – embalming fluid
    • Hexamine – found in barbecue lighter fluid
    • Lead – used in batteries
    • Naphthalene – an ingredient in moth balls
    • Methanol – a main component in rocket fuel
    • Nicotine – used as insecticide
    • Tar – material for paving roads
    • Toluene - used to manufacture paint

• Like Like x 8
  9. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    I would love to see a side by side comparison, would be quite an eye opener I think.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Kent Brooks

Yea - me too ;)

• Like Like x 6
  11. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Thanks Clark........wish I'd had that when I was responding to the CTAs. Of course, I'd take out the nicotine one lol

• Like Like x 5
  12. Kent Brooks

We will continue to catalog these, and keep the most recent one available.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Flavored

Flavored Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ummm, wha???

• Like Like x 6
  14. EvilBeast

EvilBeast Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Although it kinda saddens me to see the recipes change, I completely understand and I believe you'll make it something just as good if not even better! Will the change be really soon? Thanks Clark,for posting it..This is why I love Nicoticket!

• Like Like x 7
  15. Gauntlgrym

Gauntlgrym Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2013
    OH
    I am happy you posted this, and I respect you for it.
    however, one thing kinda makes me a little mad..... you have always specifically said (from image below) "this liquid does *NOT* contain diacetyl, but *DOES* contain acetoin, acytyl propionyl or both."
    custards-last-stand-new.png now, with these results, you are showing that the liquid does have diacetyl in it. all this time I thought I was diacetyl free :(

• Like Like x 5
  16. RuDawg7890

RuDawg7890 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I noticed this as well. Here's my take. Notice some of the jooses are marked with "ND", by the legend, that indicates that the diacetyl levels are Non Detectable or below the Method Detection Limit. The rest are marked with "J", indicating levels below the limit standard, but (barely?) above the Method Detection Limit.

So, levels are low enough to be considered diacetyl free?

• Like Like x 8
  17. motabrownie

motabrownie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2014
    Lawrence, KS
    Dayuuum this took some serious cajones to post this. Bravo to you, sir.

Ive always looked at e-liquid as a form of harm REDUCTION. Not as HARMLESS. I'll take the harmful aspects of e-liquid over the harmful aspects of cigarettes any day. While I love me some Frenilla and Strawnilla, I'll gladly take a less harmful version of both. It'll take me about 9 months to deplete my current stash though :thumbs:

• Like Like x 14
  18. Kent Brooks

You still are - the 'J' Designation means the values are statistically insignificant. We consider AP to be every bit as "dangerous". Being diacetyl free is the moral equivalent of only smoking Marlboro Lights because they are safer. The reason the value is greater than zero is because we use the best lab in the country - not some redneck testing laboratory who is willing to raise the level of tolerance to arrive at 'ND'. IE, look how low they are and compare them to other vendors, and notice that not a single flavor is missing a J designation. This validates what I have been saying from the beginning - reduce or entirely remove diketones. AP is next - we need to get those numbers down!

• Like Like x 11
  19. Kent Brooks

Exactly!

• Like Like x 8
  20. Grrrr

Grrrr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is good stuff Kent.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Txman817

Txman817 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Texas
    Just put a order in today.....I ordered strawnilla will it be your reworked recipe or will it be the original?

• Like Like x 5