Nicotine overdose :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Yes, it has happened to me a few times. A terrible feeling, intense nausea. I agree with people who mentioned water, water, and more water. What I realized about myself it this... I loved smoking, but was always slowed down by the chemical and smoke making me feel a little crappy. SOme of those chemicals are addictive. You may vape and vape because you are chasing an accelerant chemical that is in analogs, but is not in e juice. After, I found, six weeks or so, you don't crave the extra chemicals as badly, and become more of just a nicotine addict. Drink water, and plenty of it. I will drink a ton of water, pee a lot, and still have a medium yellow color to it. Sorry to be nasty, but the point is that, even though I am drinking so much water, there still is plenty of stuff to be filtered out, from vaping. Another one, and this is a big one for me when I discovered it, is, because I vape sweet flavors that I really like, I found that I will vape way to much when I am hungry. I will force myself to put down the PV, and go eat something. Of course, after I eat, I will have a vape, but I will be satisfied by it, and not chasing the flavor. If you find that eating and drinking water does not work, and you don't want to take a break vaping, buy some zero nicotine liquid and switch between it and the nic. Good luck

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
My regular nic level is 6mg and has been for a year now, no issues. When I game online I chain vape on 4mg, 3mg, 2mg nic levels.

I have only over nic'd 2x in a year and a half of regular vaping and both of those were when I first got into it, was over vaping 18mg and 12mg levels.

I also drink lots of diluted juice when I vape, keeps dry-mouth at bay and keeps you flushing nic out of your system. I dilute the juice just to keep calories down.

Last edited:

Blaisun

Sep 16, 2011
Greenwood, NS
One thing i have been doing in my quest to lower my nic intake, is to have two PV's with me, 1 zero nic and 1 12 mg nic. i use the zero nic all the time and only hit the nic when i feel the need comming on. i am still vaping ~3-5ml/day but now only 1-2ml are 12mg nic and 2-3ml are zero nic.My plan is to keep lowering my nic every month or so by a couple of mg/ml until no longer needed...

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
There was a time when I was mixing my own juices where I was making 44 mg nic juice. I tend to be a chain vaper too and I can't recall ever having any symptoms such as what has been related. Perhaps I wasn't fulling inhaling them - I do not take vape directly into my lungs; but into my mouth, then inhale. They were all about 70-75% VG/PG mixes. This was after I had been vaping for over a year.

I had since cut back to 36 mg and now I'm on 24 mg, since the Genesis atomizers seem to bring out the nicotine better.

jonjay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This forum is Awesome! Just the feedback, experience, knowledge, etc etc.

Anyways; I think OD has a bad stimga to it but the best word I could describe. I think it's all apart of getting use to this new lifestyle. I am 30+ something days of vaping and learning as I go along... Both from bitter experience, time, money, and physical effects, and from others members experience, time, money, and affects haha.

I chain vape alot. I originally smoked about a pack a day of Parliament lights. I believe the nicotine level of parliaments is .7 mg (per cigarette?) times that by 20 that puts me at 14mg / day. Well I probably intake triple that now, safely. But my second day of quadrupling that led to some ill effects, and the other day at work (playing with new clearomizers/tankomizers/cartomizers and juice) led me to have a little upset during the day.

What relieves it is obviously putting down the PV temporarily, followed by drinking lots of water, and perhaps an advil or two. Add some time on top of that and I'm vaping within another hour or two.

Hope this helps somebody. I have pushed through all of this all for the better. Analogs are disgusting and as I find my niche here and what is satisfactory for me I sense my self moving more and more away of analogs daily. Awesome stuff!

nano626

Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
West Covina, Ca
When I started vaping, I was getting upset stomachs, and constipation. I knew it had to be the nicotine as I chain vaped. For everyone OD'ing, you NEED to not get over the habit of picking up your PV when you're inside the house doing daily chores among other things, and just smoke as you normally did before at the same intervals. You know, like for 5 min, 9-15 puffs(took this man puffs for me to finish a regular cigarette), when you really NEEDED a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread