Nicotine Patch Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBoyJaros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Warwick
i just tried to extract the nicotine from patches for e liquid.
i took a stage one patch an cut it up and put it into some water, then i mixed in my PG and VG and flavoring
i used a stage one patch, so its exactly 21mg of nic, i strained it to make sure there was nothing bad inside of it and it worked out pretty well, considering i didn't have to do to much work

will provide pics of setup if wanted

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Actually, the patches contain quite a lot more nicotine than the stated dosage. The dosage is how much you'll get from wearing them -- but they have to contain more than that for the patch to work. In the thread on extraction here, I think someone mentioned that stage one patches contain about 140 mg of nicotine, but I've not personally researched the exact amount.

Tona Aspsusa

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
Finland
Yes, this is probably not as straightforward as the first post in this thread makes it seem.

There are differences between brands of nicotine patches, so mentioning what brand you are experimenting with would be a good idea.

And what else but nicotine would come out of the patch?
Reading on my pack of Nicotinell 14mg/24h (Stage 2) each patch contains:
nicotin. 35mg, copolymer. ester. methacrylat. achrylat. (Eudragit E 100), copolymer. ester. achrylat. et. vinyl. acet. (Durotak 387-2516), triglycerid. satur. media (Miglyol 812).

Now, the Eudragit, Durotak and Miglyol are most probably the glue(s) and the carrier(s) for the nicotine, but I have absolutely no idea how soluble these substances are in water or alcohol - or how soluble in comparison to the nicotine.
Without having the knowledge and lab equipment (at least a BSc in chemistry and a private gas chromatograh lol) to test what the solution you end up with actually contain I wouldn't do this.

Not that I think it is highly dangerous - after all people sniff glue and survive. But it seems rather redundant and cumbersome. And expensive.

BTW, anyone happen to have at their fingertips how soluble nicotine (whether from plant, cured or not, or pharmaceutical products) is in water vs. alcohol?

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
DannyBoyJarros: I agree with the others, this is probably a bad idea. Considering all the by products in it that were never meant for internal consumption.

Unflavored nic juice is so cheap anyways. I got a 110ml bottle of 36mg for about $14!
How much are the patches costing you?

Then again I have heard of junkies extracting the solution from morphine or oxycontin patches and injecting em lols.
It's amazing how resilient the human body is.

But it's still no excuse. If you cant afford nic juice or ejuice with the money your saving from not smoking, then you probably shouldnt be vaping.

Sorry to be mean, just my 2c

Stay sage vapers
Doc :)

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
sounds like something I'd do if my juices were taking too long in the mail. But not a good idea, had a psych pt. try to kill herself swallowing one, she didn't but got pretty ill...

I remember many years ago, I was curious as a teen and got myself on either the Jolly Roger cookbook of the terrorist handbook (no I wasn't a psycho in the making, I wanted to learn how to make those PVC pipe bazookas that shoot oranges and tennis balls lol)

Anyways, I remember a section that showed you how to refine the nicotine from chewing tobacco. Placing a few drops in someone's coffee was enough to kill em. Very lethal stuff ifnot used properly IMO.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i just tried to extract the nicotine from patches for e liquid.
i took a stage one patch an cut it up and put it into some water, then i mixed in my PG and VG and flavoring
i used a stage one patch, so its exactly 21mg of nic, i strained it to make sure there was nothing bad inside of it and it worked out pretty well, considering i didn't have to do to much work

will provide pics of setup if wanted

Just one word... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread