nicotine question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
2 weeks cig free and vaping still trying to figure out and gauge how much nicotine im getting. The juice I have is 9mg 100%vg and the coil is .4 so if I use it at 40w im getting less nicotine compared to if I use it at 80w right? Sorry for the silly question, there just seems to be so many variables, and I see posts of people using 24mg nic and I cant wrap my head around that

Reactions: stols001

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I tend to have more puffs on a lower wattage device compared to a higher wattage device being the mg are the same on both devices. I get a quicker hit on a higher wattage device. But that doesn't mean it's better as I can increase the mg on the lower device to get more of a hit, hence less puffs. The highest I've used on freebase nic is 18mg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I use 6m at 75watts and ill go thru 10ml or more per day. But the wattage depends on which tank and coil setup im using at any given time. Rdta with 22ga kanthals .23ohms and i hit it anywhere from 75 to 100watts. Bravo rta with same coils taste best no higher than 80watts. Actually tastes worse the higher i go above 80 on that one. If im using my tfv12, coils are .16ohms and work best at 130watts. And all these variations im still using 6mg nic. I use a fair amount of juice daily just because i like nicotine a lot. I hope this info help clarify things a bit for ya.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, yes, most folks at high nic (like me) are using less wattage and weaker delivery systems overall.

The main thing is, yes more wattage will provide more vapor but I'm not entirely certain where one might reach a point of diminishing returns. I would IMAGINE (and I'm speculating) that you'd inhale more vapor at higher wattages but I'd also think there may be a point at which you've reached maximum absorption IF it's possible to reach a point where you are inhaling such a huge cloud, you're not increasing it 1:1 although perhaps some. Also depends on length of inhale and etc., to confuse things further.

I will say, if you are chain vaping, you can up your nic, or you can up your wattage and lower the resistance of your coil, and that may help, but I'm not sure exactly which strategy is going to give you the best return.

I would suggest finding a vape style that works for you and your body. That would include resistance of the coil, type of inhale, wattage, warmth of the vapor, etc. Kind of fine what type of "vape" you like best, and then experiment a bit (and if you are sub0hm which it sounds like you are) if you make nicotine changes, do it in smaller increments.

If you want, you can try higher ohm MTL vaping. You may love it or hate it, but you won't know until you try. It is in THAT instance where you will find higher nicotine vaping.

However, just find a vape you like (IMHO, you don't have to do it that way, but liking your vape is kind of important) and then work out nic from there.

Best of luck, nic strength can be confusing. Amount that you vape (frequency I guess I mean) also plays a role, etc.

Good luck, and the general principles are if the vape is glued to your hand, you may need more nic. If you get nic overload symptoms, you may need less nic.

Everyone absorbs it slightly differently I'm guessing as well, so what works for YOU may not work for another person and etc. But if you stick to those "general" principles I'm betting you can find the right vape and nic strength.

Best of luck,

Anna

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I just vape until cravings go poof. I really don't want to overthink the nic side of things because it can get very complicated very quickly due to all the different factors that's involved. If you feel like it's time to step down to a lower amount of nic, try it and see if it works for you.

I started with 18mg juice and quickly stepped down to 12 within a week.
    After a year or so I ended up on 9mg.
    Then I tried 6, however since I vape MTL, it just wasn't enough for me. Quite literately no throat hit at all and I had to vape way too much to get cravings in check. The flavor was awesome though because lower nic = more flavor :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread