Nicquid math question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I realize that this is not an exact science.

1 pack = 21mg nic

20 drops = 1mL

510 cart holds 15 drops on average.

So, one full cart is just under 1mL.

Therefore a full 510 cart (24mg/mL) = a pack of smokes.

And one drop of liquid (24 mg/mL) = a full flavor cig.

Can this be right? I need to vape much more than that to keep me happy.

And ive read other posts where people say that nicquid math is bs because the way the body absorbs nic in a cig differs from vapor.

What's the consensus on why nicquid math dont work like it should?

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
1 pack = 21mg nic

I would say that you are low on the nic content per pack of 20, I say it is closer to 1.5 - 2.0 mg nic per analog. So, even going with 1.5 per analog a pack contains 30 mg nic.

Your math seems okay and fairly accurate. What you are not taking into consideration is how much nic is absorbed by the body via vaping. I say it is lower in comparison to the analog. This may explain why some beginners vape more: To compensate for the lack of nic.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Youd also need to know exactly how much YOU absorbed from smoking (as we are all different) - but even a ballpark estimate requires you to 'know' the first number. The amount on the pack (or juice bottle) doesn't equal the amounts absorbed. Honestly I dont worry about it I jsut vape what I want, stop when i feel I want to.

Rin

Jul 27, 2010
MS, USA
Youd also need to know exactly how much YOU absorbed from smoking (as we are all different) - but even a ballpark estimate requires you to 'know' the first number. The amount on the pack (or juice bottle) doesn't equal the amounts absorbed. Honestly I dont worry about it I jsut vape what I want, stop when i feel I want to.

Totally agree, when I first got into it I was trying to calculate what concentration of nic I'd need compared to my cig brand and all that. Eventually I realized to just vape when you want. Some days I'm hitting the 808 every few minutes, some days I might take 2 puffs. Just go with the flow =)

nowhereman

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Alabama
gallery.tarantulas.us
Totally agree, when I first got into it I was trying to calculate what concentration of nic I'd need compared to my cig brand and all that. Eventually I realized to just vape when you want. Some days I'm hitting the 808 every few minutes, some days I might take 2 puffs. Just go with the flow =)

Novel idea and I agree.

Except for that first thing in the morning nic urge (a couple of drops of 24 mg takes care of that ), I mix 0mg with whatever nic I have so my absorption must be pretty good.
Try what works for you.
Now I just vape away and the nic seems secondary !
All the different flavors and pleasantness of it have taken over !

Next orders will most likely all be 0 mg.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
I love being able to puff once twice then putting it down and back to whatever. Hardly even feel the urge anymore, just go happily about my smoke free day. When you light that cigarette your in it for the long haul. Plus think straight nicotine is better at satisfying nicotine craving than a cigarette is. No other way to explain my constant chain smoking vs my occasional vape. Do still have that something missing. With 4000+ chemicals attacking your lungs/etc you aint gonna replicate that with cherry bomb or dr pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread