Nimbus Vs Igo L

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Just curious for those who have used or own both. Which do you prefer or is there any real difference between the IGO L and the nimbus. Now I am speaking of one coil with one air hole.. I realize the nimbus is made more for duel coils etc.. But strictly with a one coil build, is there any one that really shines over the other?

regards

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
i personally own a nimbus but not an igo-l, but imho, more expensive atty's are typically more expensive for the sole reason that they're easier to set up. technically, it's possible to get a $5 rda to perform just as well as a $100 rda if you have the patience and skill, but typically the makers of the $100 rda's will actually think about what their customers want out of their rda's and build them accordingly.

i don't know how well either a nimbus or an igo-l performs with a single coil build, but i can tell you that a nimbus is designed for dual coils, and that it's relatively easy to build dual coils onto.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I own both and i can say this.. For the price, Neither can be beat!

The IGO-L and IGO-W are awesome RDA's. My only issue with them is they are a little thin and the metal heats up really quick. The build quality on the Nimbus, is thicker and built a little better. I am not a fan of polished/chrome looking stuff, So the IGO i dont mind sanding down to a satin/raw stainless .. The Nimbus on the other hand, Which i could sand down, Would totally destroy the looks of the Nimbus design ( plus decrease its resale value )

I usually only build single coils, and i prefer the space and juice well on the Nimbus.

The post screws though on both? To me? Almost seem the same quality ( which is rather odd seeing there price difference )

and vapor production? Is or can be the same on both.. Its a matter of drilling the right sized holes and building the right coil. So that isnt a issue.

What i did was i bought a IGO-L ( or W ) and tried that for awhile and decided if i was going to stick to RDAs, then i would upgrade to a Nimbus which i did.

My only negative about the Nimbus is the polished look ( which is a matter of taste ) and the cheap post screws used.

They are both well worth there asking prices

Titan2043

Jun 13, 2013
Newport Beach CA
Well I am not getting the actual nimbus.. I am getting a clone of it for cheap. Someone told me the nimbus clone gave them more flavor and vapor than the igo.. something about the cap size.. but i dunno I have a feeling they are going to be the same thing.

I have both, use both and like both. The difference is that the nimbus is just higher quality, easier to set up (even for a quad coil!) and genrally a better part. The IGO-l I have found to be a good atty as well, not intended for dual coils but fairly easy to build with two. The difference in flavor and vapor production between the two is neglible when set up the same, as long as you drill an IGO it should approximate the performance of a nimbus. Another factor in flavor/vapor is how your coils are wrapped, personally i prefer a dual coil with 3 wraps per coil which comes out at about .3-.38 ohms, depending on how much wick you use, 2 wraps is too hot for me although vapor production is usually more prolific. A 2 wrap coil on a dual coil set up usually comes out to about .2 ohms, but I dont like to put my batteries through that kind of punishment.

Hope this is of some help, although i went a bit off topic.

-Titan2043

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread