The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nitecore Chargers

Discussion in 'CanVape' started by Battlelance, Apr 2, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
  2. RicZilla

RicZilla Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    Nice might pick one up as a backup and charge some of my old AA Ni-MH batteries the one I have charges only 2 batteries at the same time not giving them equal charge if one is half full and other is completely dead.

3. dbot

dbot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  4. Battlelance

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
  5. dbot

dbot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I was under the impression that the TR-003P4 was a trustfire charger that had addressed the shortcomings of their previous models.

6. Battlelance

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Perhaps, but my biggest issue with the trustfire chargers (I have/had 3) is they rarely charge to a specified voltage. I have two TR-001s, one from Canvape that charges my 18650s to 4.15 and another from another vendor that charges to 4.05. I had a TR-003P4 (not from Canvape) that charged to 4.18, but it died after about 2 weeks of use. Luck of the draw? Probably.

For me I like the idea that the Nitecore has a nice smooth charging cycle, can hit 750mA for faster charging larger batteries, stops down to around 150uA at end of cycle, can accept almost any battery out there including NiMH and NiCad. Plus it has been analyzed thoroughly and seems to be a favorite of the flashlight guys - and if they like something for charging Lithium batteries, it must be good, because they are super picky. :)

In the end, they aren't that expensive, and seem to perform very well and is often compared to Xtar and Pila chargers. Everything is automatic, no switches, no spacers, they just work and they'll charge anything I have.

7. mopar

mopar Forum Supplier ECF Veteran

May 15, 2011
    Toronto
    What we don't have we will be getting and it will just cost a little less.
    Always <-- walmart don't sue me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.