Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I was under the impression that the TR-003P4 was a trustfire charger that had addressed the shortcomings of their previous models.

Perhaps, but my biggest issue with the trustfire chargers (I have/had 3) is they rarely charge to a specified voltage. I have two TR-001s, one from Canvape that charges my 18650s to 4.15 and another from another vendor that charges to 4.05. I had a TR-003P4 (not from Canvape) that charged to 4.18, but it died after about 2 weeks of use. Luck of the draw? Probably.

For me I like the idea that the Nitecore has a nice smooth charging cycle, can hit 750mA for faster charging larger batteries, stops down to around 150uA at end of cycle, can accept almost any battery out there including NiMH and NiCad. Plus it has been analyzed thoroughly and seems to be a favorite of the flashlight guys - and if they like something for charging Lithium batteries, it must be good, because they are super picky. :)

In the end, they aren't that expensive, and seem to perform very well and is often compared to Xtar and Pila chargers. Everything is automatic, no switches, no spacers, they just work and they'll charge anything I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread