nitecore new i2 2016 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Never taken one apart so I don't know how much of a chore that is. Is it worth the effort to send it in for repair? Depending on what happened it may or may not be safe. If there are pieces of the spring "floating" around in there they could come in contact with electronic connections and cause problems. Sorry, best I've got for thoughts on the matter.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say if it can't be repaired fairly easily to retire it. I agree with Walee about possible safety issues, but if you are confident in your skills and think you can replace the spring (as well as check if any problems have been caused by the spring coming loose, well I might take a look (not me personally, I can't repair anything with moving parts) but give it to the husband to look at. You'd have another sled for comparison, so it might be doable.

Whether it's worth the effort/risk? I'm unsure only you could decide that. I would replace personally, but I've had my current charger a good long while, and wouldn't feel bad about doing it.

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I saw a post from someone who tried to repair a charger. The problem was caused by a tiny plastic hook that held one end of the spring. Poster gave up, said there was no way of repairing the broken piece. I don't recall what charger it was though.

Best way to avoid that problem is not to let the moving end piece spring back. Let the end go back slowly.

I don't see any problem with using the charger on the side that is still OK, other than only being able to charge one battery at a time.

If you want to get a new one there is a section on the forum for chargers. I've got an xtar VP2. LUC chargers are cheap and well rated. I had one for 3 years, just gave it away and it was still working perfectly.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I am really confused right now. Can you suggest me good charger?
Flashlight information
This is a really good resource for Charger reviews. As for my recommendation, Xtar chargers are of a high quality. If you are looking for an analytical charger to give you an idea of your batteries life there are two that are inexpensive and nice. The Opus bt-3100 and the liitokala lii-500. They are both reviewed on that link at the top of my post. I have the liitokala and have been very happy with it. I got it from fasttech for around $25. The only issue with it is the springs are very tight when you get it so if your not careful and let the batteries slam in it can push in the positive end. It happened to one of my batteries but it’s still usable. Just something to look out for.

Shahriar Mack

Feb 6, 2018
Since the charger is completely dead and there is nothing left to lose, I decided to take it apart and show you what happened. The photo attached will give you a clear view of what actually happened.

Attachments

• IMG_20180309_153412.jpg
    IMG_20180309_153412.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread