NJOY NPRO Frustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am attempting to kick the analog habit with an njoy NPRO.

How quickly am I supposed to go through cartridges with this thing? It seems like I am going through one cartridge a day. It gets to the point where I'll drag on this thing and nothing will come out until I switch a cartridge. Do cartridges dry out? Do I need to add water or anything to them?

If NPRO is a sub-par brand, please post recommendations for a reliable e-cig that has decent cartridge life and will produce satisfying amounts of vapor.

Thanks in advance,

-Blind

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
NJOY and other similar marketers simply lie about how long a cartridge should last.

They do dry out rather quickly, and most people learn very fast that the best way to go is to buy nic liquid to top off or refill their cartridges with.

Not only is it much less costly, but you will find many more and probably better flavors buying liquids instead of pre-filled cartridges.

You will find mention of liquids just about everywhere here on the forum, but there is a sub-forum dedicated specifically to reviews of liquids, here:

E-Liquid Reviews - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

And, there is also a sub-forum dedicated to DIY e-liquids, where people discuss buying their own flavors and other ingredients like PG (which is the base of almost all cartridge and bottled nic liquids), to make either zero-nic liquids, or simply to cut down the highest strength liquids, thereby saving even more money, here:

DIY e-liquid - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
>> How quickly am I supposed to go through cartridges with this thing?

You have a supermini style (generic RN4081), and I believe carts are around 3-5 cigarettes.

>> It gets to the point where I'll drag on this thing and nothing will come out until I switch a cartridge. Do cartridges dry out?

After you use most of the liquid in the cartridge, the vapor stops. Once you dry out the top of the cart (by vaping the liquid) you risk burning out your atomizer if you keep using it dry like that.

>> Do I need to add water or anything to them?

No, you can add more juice if you like, as yvilla posted.

>> If NPRO is a sub-par brand, please post recommendations for a reliable e-cig that has decent cartridge life and will produce satisfying amounts of vapor.

It's a decent brand. You selected the smallest ecig, which means it has the shortest battery life and the smallest cartridge size. Since you are vaporizing the liquid in the cartridge - that's how you get the vapor - a smaller cartridge means less liquid, less vapor from one piece. And yes, the companies hype how many cigs per cart.

If you decide you want a larger ecig with a larger cartridge, please check out the videos in the E-Cigarette Review section of the forum for best info.

Also note the sticky threads at the top of the New Member forum which may help you out quite a bit, including:

WillPower

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
MA, USA
If want to kick the analog (old cigs), you might want to use little stronger nic content (18mg) for a few days and change the cart whenever it loses "throat hit" (about 3-4 cig equivalent). It worked for me.

I think refilling carts is better than prefilled carts, because they are much cheaper and you can put any flavor liquid you want. To do this, I suggest that you save all used carts (including the white gel cap) and, if needed, buy some more empty carts from PS.

If you look inside the cart, you will see the inner cart. You need to put the liquid in this tiny inner cart. Some people suggest that you pop the inner cart out to fill it. But I, myself, find it easier to just use a syringe (which you can purchase from PS and other online e-cig vendors).

1) Put a syringe into the liquid and draw a couple of milliliters (ml).
2) Put the syringe, the niddle, into the cart, and push the niddle into the inner cart, the white sponge-like stuffing. It is better to aim at the side of this sponge than at the middle, just be sure that the niddle is inside the inner cart.
3) Push your niddle down to the bottom of the inner cart (kind of push aside the stuffing).
4) IMPORTANT. Slowly inject little less than 0.3 ml, say .25 ml. If you put more than that, it will overflow.
5) Put the white gel cap back on. You are done.

I usually refill 20-30 at a time, refill the syringe as needed, any leftover when done, dump back into the bottle.
1 ml = 20 drops. So you are putting about 6 drops into each cart. On average 15 puffs per analog. You get about 15 puffs from .1 ml or 2 drops. So, that's why you get about 3 decent analog equivalent from 1 cart.

You can get e-liquid at about less than $1 /ml. 30ml costs less than $30. So, you are refilling a cart at about 30 cents per cart.

Nicotine Content. At first, you should use a high concentration than you need just to make sure you get enough to stay away analogs. But the number works out this way:

When they say 18mg, that is 18 mg of nicotine per ml. People take in about 1 mg of nicotine from analog (full, light, ultralight do not vary a lot).
So, if you want the "equivalent" amount of nic, 2 drops or .1 ml should have 1 mg. Around 10mg e-liquid would do it.

However, you could also dilute the e-liquid. Call around local pharmacies for Propylene Gylcol. I got mine from Target pharmacy at $12.99 for 473 ml or 1 pint. Works out as about 3 cent per ml.

Get yourself 18 mg e-liquid, put 1 ml into a small container and add 1 ml of PG into the same container, close the lid and shake it up like a martinini. Now you have 9 mg e-liquid at 52 cent / ml, less than 18 cents to refill your cart.

If you want to do this, I suggest you try small amount first. Diluting cuts the flavor as well--which turns out to be a no big deal for me. In addition, if you look at DIY forum here, you will see many interesting flavors you can add youself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread