No flavor RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebi nkh

Jul 7, 2021
CANADA
Hello guys, I have a problem, my RTAs are not as flavorful as my sub ohms.
My RTAs : Kylin mini v2, Kylin mesh, Hellvape Destiny, Wasp Nano, OFRF Gear,..... .
My Subs : PNP pod, Falcon King, Fireluke 2.
I have tried different coils, specially the fused Clapton ones, also I have been using good cottons like Cotton bacon prime or Vapefly Firebolt and also Cotton Threads, the juices are the same as I use for sub ohm tanks, when I use that juice in subs, the flavor is great, but building an RTA , the same juice wouldn't be as flavorful as the sub.
Now, the question is, do subs produce better flavors or the problem is my build, though I have no spit back or dry hit with my builds.
I would be grateful for your time and responses. Thanks.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I dont know how experienced u are with building cause i know there is a long learning curve until u learn to build "perfectly" and get the nice saturated flavourfull vape out of a rebuildable. I dont know u ofc just saying maybe need time to get better at this.

Also for sure no matter what u do in my opinion the wire coils and mesh coils produce different flavour.
Myself i happend to prefer coils flavour much more but many people prefer mesh flavour...even myself tho i admit that mesh with its fast instant heating and good surface area produces a "punch" of flavour that is so instant and hard to immitate with coils that instant hit.
But for me the mesh its different and there are lots of reason doesnt work for me personally.
The subohm tanks u mention u use almost all are mesh coils nowdays especially so thats why the flavour is so different and to you personally better.
Soooo with that said u may be one of those people that prefer mesh flavour and maybe a mesh rta or rda is better for you.

I just saw u mention u got mesh rebuildables also i guess work a little more with them and u should get a similarly good flavour. Mesh rbas need their right wicking also.

Post some pics for us to see how they look sometimes we may be able to see something obvious that is wrong :D

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have tried
Looks like I welcomed you before.
re: Hello every one
Note that you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to re post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest re posting in Coil builds and Chat:
Coil Builds
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forums.

ebi nkh

Jul 7, 2021
CANADA
I am by no means an RTA expert, but in my experience with RDAs, the way in which the air flow hits the coil is paramount.
Thanks for the reply, so I think you mean I should do a little bit up and down with the coils for air flow? So I will, let's see does it work or not, you know the point is I don't receive any dry hit or spit back, so it was the reason that I always thought my builds were perfect.
As you say you're an RTA expert, do you really think the RTA's can still compete with the new generation of mesh coils like PNP ones?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Thanks for the reply, so I think you mean I should do a little bit up and down with the coils for air flow? So I will, let's see does it work or not, you know the point is I don't receive any dry hit or spit back, so it was the reason that I always thought my builds were perfect.
As you say you're an RTA expert, do you really think the RTA's can still compete with the new generation of mesh coils like PNP ones?
I'm no RTA expert. I'm more an RDA. User. As for compete, it's more a personal preference thing. I like a warmer vape, and mesh just can't do that. As for air flow, you'll want the coil to be in the right spot where the air will hit it from slightly underneath. Bump it up or down a mm or two until you get the flavor you want.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ebi nkh

Jul 7, 2021
CANADA
I dont know how experienced u are with building cause i know there is a long learning curve until u learn to build "perfectly" and get the nice saturated flavourfull vape out of a rebuildable. I dont know u ofc just saying maybe need time to get better at this.

Also for sure no matter what u do in my opinion the wire coils and mesh coils produce different flavour.
Myself i happend to prefer coils flavour much more but many people prefer mesh flavour...even myself tho i admit that mesh with its fast instant heating and good surface area produces a "punch" of flavour that is so instant and hard to immitate with coils that instant hit.
But for me the mesh its different and there are lots of reason doesnt work for me personally.
The subohm tanks u mention u use almost all are mesh coils nowdays especially so thats why the flavour is so different and to you personally better.
Soooo with that said u may be one of those people that prefer mesh flavour and maybe a mesh rta or rda is better for you.

I just saw u mention u got mesh rebuildables also i guess work a little more with them and u should get a similarly good flavour. Mesh rbas need their right wicking also.

Post some pics for us to see how they look sometimes we may be able to see something obvious that is wrong :D
So grateful for the response, I will work on builds more, and you are right, it's hard to compare mesh with coil.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
so I think you mean I should do a little bit up and down with the coils for air flow
I am not familiar with any of the RTA's you have.

The RTA's I own are all bottom airflow. The airflow is hitting the very bottom of my coils in each one.

From my experience with those, raising or lowering the coil usually only affects throat hit.

Coil placed higher = more TH / placed lower = less TH.

I have been using good cottons like Cotton bacon prime or Vapefly Firebolt and also Cotton Threads, the juices are the same as I use for sub ohm tanks, when I use that juice in subs, the flavor is great, but building an RTA , the same juice wouldn't be as flavorful as the sub.

As to flavor, have you tried using less cotton in your coils? Too much cotton can mute flavor.

From my experience, you want your wick (cotton) to be on the tighter side in your coil.

Wicking rule of thumb: Too tight = dry hits. Too loose = flooding.

Wicking a coil in an RTA is a total "feel" thing. Do it enough times and you know how much you need from "feel" alone.

the question is, do subs produce better flavors
No. Sub ohm tanks are simply a preference.

A sub ohm RTA can produce excellent flavor same as a MTL RTA can. FWIW, I use sub ohm coils in both my DL and MTL RTA's.

I have no spit back or dry hit with my builds.
What are the specifics of your builds? What type of coil and material are you using? The inner diameter and ohms?

Pictures of your builds, as previously posted, would be helpful. :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
do you really think the RTA's can still compete with the new generation of mesh coils like PNP ones?
100% yes.

Mesh coils, as with traditional coils, are simply a preference. Each of us has our personal coil preferences.

Very honestly, what one person feels provides the best vape experience (for themselves) is not the same as what the next person feels is best.

There is No Best gear, or coil, in vaping that would satisfy All users.

We're all unique and each of us prefers different RTA's, RDA's, mods (regulated and / or mechanical), wire types, builds, wicking (cotton, rayon) and finally juice.

In the end, what you like and prefer is the best for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread