No Vapor At All

Status
Not open for further replies.

teikyo30

May 24, 2010
bridgeport, ct
So I followed the directions I found on youtube with boiling the cartomizers (minus the plastic pieces of course), blowing out the water, letting them dry overnight, then using the condom method to refill the cartomizers.

No vapor at all. I can hear the thing working and feel it warm up when I drag, there's just no vapor. So I grab another cartomizer and try with that one. Again, no vapor.

So I''m wondering if boiling them is a bad idea, or is it just the tasty vapor product I bought that's bad? I got a 1oz bottle of mint mojito (48mg) and added it to the 40z doubler of mint mojito (omg). The mixing was exactly how their website described it.

Please help. It looks like this afternoon I'm off to the tobacco store again to buy cigarettes since mixing seems to be a waste of time.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
Sorry, I'm not very experienced since I'm still quite new to this, but I'll toss out a few ideas for things I'd check if it were me:

• Are you sure the cartomizers are assembled properly if you had to take them apart to boil them?
  • Have you tried using a normal atomizer and cartridge to see whether those work fine or have the same problem?
  • Have you tried replacing the battery?
Sorry if any of these sound stupid or obvious. I hope one of them can help!

teikyo30

May 24, 2010
bridgeport, ct
I tried a few drops at the battery end with no luck. I tried a few different batteries and they all work fine with normal cartomizers that came prefilled. I don't have an atomizer and cartridge to try as I bought the kind with cartomizers. I will try more cleaned cartomizers later.

I'll probably have to order new cartomizers and toss the old ones and try that.

*sigh*

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
I tried a few drops at the battery end with no luck.

It may have been too many.

I tried a few different batteries and they all work fine with normal cartomizers that came prefilled.
Excellent! :toast: Then we know the batteries are good.
I don't have an atomizer and cartridge to try as I bought the kind with cartomizers. I will try more cleaned cartomizers later.
Okay, sounds good.

I'll probably have to order new cartomizers and toss the old ones and try that.

*sigh*
No, no, don't toss the old ones! Hopefully someone here can help you figure out what went wrong so that they can be saved. :thumbs:

Can you write out step by step exactly what you did (as though you were instructing a robot that has no experience and that isn't going to do anything unless it's told), not missing any steps? If you do that, maybe someone will be able to look over the steps and see what could have caused this.

Don't worry - this forum is huge - I'm sure that it enough of us put our heads together, we can solve this. :D

teikyo30

May 24, 2010
bridgeport, ct
Okay, I followed the instructions in the vapor4life video. I removed the end caps and the plastic plugs that are behind that. I simply rinsed those with water. The cartridges themselves (cartomizers) I put in boiling water for like 15 minutes, then rinsed them out, blew out the excess water and let them dry overnight.

Today I took the ejuice i have which is a combination of 1 1oz 48mg mint mojito with a 4oz doubler of mint mojito, and added about 15 drops to the condom end of the covers and backed the cartomizer in from the mouth end like another V4L video recommends. I wiped the excess juice from the top and bottom, hooked it up to the battery, and no joy. I tried another cartomizer and also tried different batteries. Still no joy.

I can feel them heating up and I can hear them making the sound that a smoketip cartomizer would make, and I even get a faint taste, but no vapor at all. I tried doing the long hard drag to activate it like smoketip recommends with theirs and that didn't work either.

I then tried one of the free cartomizers I got in the mail the other day and it works fine.

So I'm confused what I did wrong and wondering if refilling them isn't the way to go. I've heard some people suggest tap water is bad for the cartomizers, but that's what they used in the V4L video, so I followed their lead.

Help!

Joyimui

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2010
BC, Canada
umm... I love filling cartos but I don't like condom method. it might be easier but sometimes juice will get stuck in the middle tube which make a really tight draw. I always fill my cartos by popping out the end cap and drip.

I used the boiling method to clean cartos b4.. they works fine afterwards. What I suggest you to do is try blowing your carto (just gently) see if there's any juice coming out on the battery end. If yes then clean it up and try using your cartos again.

teikyo30

May 24, 2010
bridgeport, ct
I just tried that method after reading your post. Same thing happened. So now this is three cartomizers that aren't working. And I plugged in one that came filled right after and it still works just fine. So the score is: 3 refilled cartomizers after cleaning, 0 working.

Is it possible that the tasty vapor e-juice is just crap and that's the problem?

LedGecko

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Tampa Bay, FL
It sounds like the carto filler still has water in it. If the filler is not completely dry before filling, you'll hear the atty working and popping, but you'll get no vapor on exhale because water vapor alone dissipates too quickly.

Try sealing them in a ziplock bag with plain white rice ... for the same reason you might put rice in your salt shaker. After 24 hours in rice, the filler should actually expand and be fluffy.

Another tip to try is to use distilled water when cleaning them. Tap water, even if filtered (even botted water for that matter), contains a lot of minerals that will affect the performance of your PV when left behind. Using distilled water reduces the extraneous minerals.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
Another tip to try is to use distilled water when cleaning them. Tap water, even if filtered (even botted water for that matter), contains a lot of minerals that will affect the performance of your PV when left behind. Using distilled water reduces the extraneous minerals.

:danger: But don't boil distilled water! Just use distilled water as the final thorough rinse for the cartomizer after boiling in regular water.

teikyo30

May 24, 2010
bridgeport, ct
Did you order your juice from Tasty Vapor with any VG in it? I have found that the 100% PG juices do not produce any vapor in cartomizers with my kr808d1. It does produce vapor with my 901 and 510. I ordered Doublers with 50% VG to match the flavors I bought and mixing them together works really well in the cartomizers. Good luck.

I got 20% VG. I was trying to save money so I got the 48mg 1oz and the 4oz doubler. It's all kind of confusing as to why they don't just sell it that way in that amount to begin with.

My cartomizers are drying out some more with rice so hopefully that helps (of course it'll be loads of fun getting the rice out after. lol).

I'll probably go with vapor4life next time simply to be able to order everything from one store. And yes, I have the 808D which from what I've read sounds like it lasts the longest and works the best. AND, smoketip has a lifetime warranty on their stuff, so it makes sense to get theirs. A blue led battery would have been nice in the original kit though.

heybarb

Apr 7, 2010
IL
Of the e-cigs I've tried so far, I prefer the 808D and wish I had found it first. It's dependable, more consistent and so easy to use. I started with Blu, which was not good, but enough to get me interested. Then got the 901 and the 510. They are ok, but I didn't like refilling the little cartridges and worrying about having spare atomizers.

I hope that rice does the job for you!

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Just a couple of other thoughts. Personally, I do not think it is necessary to boil the cartomizers unless you are changing the flavor in them. If you are refilling with the same flavor, boiling is unnecessary.

Secondly, if you are changing flavor and boiling, then you have popped the end cap. And using the ccfm refill method is not necessary. You can just add drops directly to the filler until it is very moist but not pooling on the top. Then put the o ring and the end caps back on.

I also think that a big part of the problem is residual water left in the cartomizer after boiling. It takes more than just an overnight dry in my experience to get all of the water out. And the water will not vaporize. I left the cartos for two full days before refilling. But if you need to use them sooner, some have put them in the oven on a very low heat, just 200 degrees or 225 degrees for 20 to 30 min..

Good luck!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
So I followed the directions I found on youtube with boiling the cartomizers (minus the plastic pieces of course), blowing out the water, letting them dry overnight, then using the condom method to refill the cartomizers.

No vapor at all. I can hear the thing working and feel it warm up when I drag, there's just no vapor. So I grab another cartomizer and try with that one. Again, no vapor.

So I''m wondering if boiling them is a bad idea, or is it just the tasty vapor product I bought that's bad? I got a 1oz bottle of mint mojito (48mg) and added it to the 40z doubler of mint mojito (omg). The mixing was exactly how their website described it.

Please help. It looks like this afternoon I'm off to the tobacco store again to buy cigarettes since mixing seems to be a waste of time.

I had this happen once and the cartos were still wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread