Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
New Noisy Cricket!

The Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22, a new member of Noisy Cricket II series, is fairly intelligent and multi-functional. Featuring the optional circuit in series and parallel, multiple circuit protection systems are applied which make the device much safe and reliable. Moreover, two modes are available under circuit in series: direct output and constant voltage output. With novel design and innovative style, it will be much attractive and popular.

So you can run the batteries in series or in parallel? That's kind of awesome!

Noisy Cricket II-22.jpg

There's a lot more information on this device here:

[Pre-sell] Wismec Noisy Cricket II-22 Mod

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
That looks pretty cool. It seems you flip the circuit board to go from series to parallel. My only issue, it's only 22 mm wide. A nice 2 battery sorta mech would be nicer if it could hold a larger atty without overhang (my OCD thing, others might not care)
This is the followup to the Noisy Cricket II-25 which will handle up to 25mm atties without any hangover or ledge.

f73b17c758ccc47be1268a969ee43da6.jpg

That's the 25 with the Pharoah...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I've not had a VV regulated mod before, I need some help to understand the regulated mode on this box.
So if I set it to a given voltage it will maintain that level throughout the battery life. But the amount of wattage delivered to the atomizer is dependent on the resistance of the coils?

Last edited:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've not had a VV regulated mod before, I need some help to understand the regulated mode on this box.
So if I set it to a given voltage it will maintain that level throughout the battery life. But the amount of wattage delivered to the atomizer is dependent on the resistance of the coils?
That is correct to a point. The device dose have some safety measures built in and will not fire unsafe builds.

Running the max 6 V on a .3 ohm coil will pull 20 A at 120 W. Running the same 6 V on a .5 ohm coil will only pull 12 A at 72 watts, and so on...

Of course, if you run it in Parallel mode, it's purely unregulated 4.2 V peak (3.7 V nominal). If you run it in series mode, it's 8.4 V peak (7.4 V nominal). In either of those modes, the coil will, again, determine the wattage and required amperage, but will change as the battery's charge is depleted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Jooxster

Nov 5, 2014
Cheltenham UK
Absolutely love my 2-25. I'm not a cloud chaser and rarely go under 1 ohm, but with a 1.2 build in a Stumpy, the battery life is unreal in parallel mode. I get almost four days! Tried the series constant mode when the batteries were depleted quite a bit, and had good results - what's not to like?

Definitely ordering the 2-22 in the next couple of days. I appreciate it won't give me anything more, but these mods are so nice to handle, and the build quality seems spot on.

It would be nice if the potentiometer button was recessed into the body to give a flush look, but I'm really nit picking here. Good that Wismec have reversed the potentiometer so clockwise is maximum and counter clockwise is minimum volts. They obviously pay attention to customer feedback. If only they made the original in parallel, I reckon I'd sell everything else, I'm that impressed!

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread