Noob Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
Just saying hi. I have been poking around for a couple of weeks, and really enjoy your forum. Seems like a very healthy bunch! I don't quite have any questions but I am sure I will, so just starting my post count. My name is Michael, I am 41. I have been smoking for 24 years. I have quit once for a year using the patch about 10 years ago, but foolishly started back. I tried the patches again and everything else and it just wouldn't stick again.

I got started on "ecigs" with a Blu disposable. I stay pretty busy at work and I was tired of having to go outside to feed my addiction, and thought why not try it. Sorta got me thru some of the day. I was still craving and was about to give up, and that's when I did an ecig forum search and wound up here and learned how to inhale the vapor.

Went to V2 just using the little cigalike starter kit(will be a gift some day) but that got me thru the day much better, had some flavor.

I then found out there is a Vape Shop less than a mile from me. I stop in and pick up an Ego C Twist and a kranger t3s and two bottles of juice the guy mixes there.

Well now. This I can see doing. It hasn't completely replaced tobacco, but after a week of having it around, i noticed when I reach for a smoke, I put it back and vape a little. This seems to be removing more and more cigs per day.

So earlier this week, I got via mail, an MVP 2, Protank 2 and a Protank 2 mini. I am stopping by the vape store on my way home from work tomorrow and sample more of his flavors, and pick up some heads. I got some with my order as well but he seems to have a good atmosphere and I want to support him when I can.

The MVP and the protank 2 has changed my world. It has been a few hours since I had a smoke. I am sure I will have one eventually tonight, but for right now I am just making very large clouds of vapor. I am using 12 Nic but I am going to get some 6 from the shop tomorrow, as well as some 18. I am not sure what strength I need to start with, so I am just gonna experiment and figure it out, just like volts/watts/ohms/. I bought my batteries, now I am gonna play with juices :vapor:

It's all good tho and thanks for having this place around, I have learned a lot and I look forward to learning more, and maybe even sharing when I can.

Stef.

Sep 6, 2013
Canada
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on having replaced cigaretes more or less with vaping.

I find the most crucial part is to find the right eliquid, one that tastes better than cigarettes. I was very lucky. I started right away with a juice that I like so much that after 24 hours I quit smoking for good and this is now 11 months ago.

There are sio many different tanks out there it really boils down to individual taste. It took me quite some time to get used to the Kanger Tech tanks. I found them too airy. By now though I love them! I have four different tank system with four different eliquids in them and I vary them during the day.

The nicotine level does not concern me. I use 18mg and frankly for the time being I have no desire to reduce it. I have been smoking for about 30 years, one pack of red Marlboros a day. By the end of last year I suffered regulalry coughings, short of breath and all the other side effects of smoking. Now after 11 months, I get much less colds, have no more coughing at all and I can run around without running out of breath.

So keep on doing what you are doing and you will be fine!
Best of luck
Stef.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Congrats Mikie! You are going down a path very similar to mine. When you switch with vaping there are no rules about quitting. I took 3 months to completely quit a 30 year smoking habit. I didn't see a problem with that. I got down to my last cigarette in my last pack, smoked it - didn't enjoy it at all, and it was over. You get to figure out your own end game. As long as you are serious about quitting - you will.

Welcome. :)

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Welcome aboard, Michael! :D

You are already have a great setup, even multiple setups, so it doesn't sound like you need any help with that. I suggest sticking to 18mg juice to shake the cigarettes once and for all. I started at 12mg myself, but it took finding a great juice at 18mg to put down the stinkies for good. If you have a good B&M to visit, all the better. Best of luck to you!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Just saying hi. I have been poking around for a couple of weeks, and really enjoy your forum.
I then found out there is a Vape Shop less than a mile from me. I stop in and pick up an Ego C Twist and a kranger t3s and two bottles of juice the guy mixes there.

Well now. This I can see doing. It hasn't completely replaced tobacco, but after a week of having it around, i noticed when I reach for a smoke, I put it back and vape a little. This seems to be removing more and more cigs per day.
So earlier this week, I got via mail, an MVP 2, Protank 2 and a Protank 2 mini. I am stopping by the vape store on my way home from work tomorrow and sample more of his flavors, and pick up some heads. I got some with my order as well but he seems to have a good atmosphere and I want to support him when I can.
It's all good tho and thanks for having this place around, I have learned a lot and I look forward to learning more, and maybe even sharing when I can.

Hi Michael,

Welcome to ECF ... My first comment would be that this forum is now as much yours as it is anyone's ... :)

It's awesome that you have a local shop you can go to for supplies, advice and assistance. I have to drive 2 hours to get to the closest one I can find, but so far it is worth it, they are AWESOME there. You will see me make references to Vape Dojo often because they have the best customer service and awesome prices. I am glad you like it enough to support the local B&M when you can.

I look forward to your sharing and comments, jump right in anytime, that's what it's all about!

As my final comment, since you have not completely replaced tobacco yet, please remember the following.
Do not count your failures by the cigarettes you smoke, count your successes by the ones you don't!

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations and welcome to the end. Take your time, ease into the quitting there's no rush. You will look back at your transition and realize you made the right choice. I can't stand analogs anymore and tried to go back one day when I forgot my ecig and couldn't make it past one Puff. Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
thanks for the welcome! I have learned a lot here and that is why I think I have a decent startup that will last me a bit. I am very hopeful that vaping will replace tobacco. I am not going to push it tho, if I want a cig I have a cig... but any cig I don't smoke I am pleased with.

I am going to pick up some tanks tomorrow too, variety seems to be helping some people.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
You hear some that vape from day 1 with no smokes and others that trim down over several months. It took me a week, the salesperson at the local B&M told me to have the important smokes when starting out and they would lessen over time. It took 7 days till I did not want to finish the wake up smoke. I am at the point now where I am not enjoying the tobacco flavor juice I bought and vape the other flavors most often. I am currently using ego batteries with Iclear 16s and kanger evods with 4 fun flavors. Some time in the next few weeks I will be buying an SVD or provari "maybe" :)

Bottom line if you stick with it it works, your personal story will be different as all are.

I am 47 and smoked cigs, cigars and used Copenhagen from age 13. It has only been a few weeks but I am enjoying vaping.

Mikie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Chattanooga TN
"The important smokes"... this is key, even if my goal is to not have an important smoke, right now I do. I went outside earlier and lit up a cig, finished it even. Wondered the whole time why I was outside and my cig didn't taste like Blueberry :p

This will be interesting.. wondering now why I smell like... well y'all know.

Roselie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
California
thanks for the welcome! I have learned a lot here and that is why I think I have a decent startup that will last me a bit. I am very hopeful that vaping will replace tobacco. I am not going to push it tho, if I want a cig I have a cig... but any cig I don't smoke I am pleased with.

I am going to pick up some tanks tomorrow too, variety seems to be helping some people.

Hello and welcome :). You've got a great setup going, better than mine after 3 1/2 weeks ;). Find the right juice and you'll be set! I'm sure cigs will be a thing of the past for you soon enough, until then don't sweat it. Like many have said, some people quit right away and others take time.

I am one of those people that enjoys variety. I typically have 3 or 4 tanks going at one time. I have found that it helps me (plus twice already I vaped too much of one flavor and couldn't taste it after a day or so lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread