Noob coil maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
What im looking for is a list that helps me w/o the trial and error.. I have a roll of 28g wire and was hoping to find something that's says if I wrap 28g 12x you'll get approx ohm, if I wrap it 8x you'll get approx this ohm. I have made a few good and bad coils playing around. I got my PT2 coil dialed in at 1.7ohm and my kayfun w/ 1.4.. I like both.. Both coils I used a 5/64 drill bit.. I know the same amount of wraps on a smaller bit will change the ohms.. A nice spreadsheet would be a great guide for people who don't know what their trying to achieve.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Let me try it here since the PM didn't work.

This is a consolidated workbook that opens in Excel. It contributions from a lot of folks here, if they created it and their name is on it thank them, I just brought it together.

Table one is a work in progress. It is builds that were added out of posts but I have found some not 100% correct but close.

It's hosted on my website and the link is to a fishing site. I know a little weird but I have the server space.

Coil Worksheet and More

Last edited:

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I take my wire - still on the reel and put a bend in it about 1/2" along - that's one leg. I put one probe of a multimeter in that bend i made and run the other probe along the wire until i get a rough resistance i want and bend the wire there too. Add 1/2" to this for the other leg.

Then cut the wire and the bit between the 2 bends is your coil, and you will get the same resistance whatever you wrap it on.

T

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread