Noob Here - Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
Hey Guys,

Im new - Just picked up a twist today with a Kanger T3.

Firstly, the juice I got is a 70/30 combo and it really hurts my throat when I inhale. So Im going to try to get some juice that doesnt have as much PG. Until then, is there anything I can do to minimize the TH other than short hauls or not inhaling?

ANother question. With the Kanger T3, Ive been told that the tank will last about 1.5 - 3 weeks. Is it the entire tank that would need to be replaced? or just the piece that goes in the bottom with the wick?

Lastly, the guy that sold me the twist had me set it to 4.25. What do these settings represent? How do I know if/when I have to change the setting?

Any help, or thread pointing would be appreciated

Cheers

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi EpaVi. The simplest thing to minimize throat irritation would be one of thwo things. First turn down the voltage. The numbers represent voltage output. The higher the number the more voltage output which results in more heat(watts) and possibly more throat irritation. This will diminish the overall amount of vapor output, but will also lessen the hit. Second thing would be to get some vegatable glycerine ( VG ) and add a few drops to your current liquid until it has less kick. This will also lower the nicotine ratio as well as diminish the flavor so begin with a very small amount and go from there as needed.

When its time to replace the coil you only need the bottom piece itself. The housing can be cleaned and reused many many times. Good Luck Happy Vaping.

tBERGz

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Seattle
The good thing about the Kangers as stated above is that they are rebuildable. One thing I had to make sure of was to tilt the PV down while vaping so that the wicks stay soaked while drawing. Also, in my experience a 50/50 PG/VG ratio seems to be good for flavor and reduced throat hit. Also, higher nicotine content can make the throat hit more harsh.

Hopes this helps as I am fairly new to vaping myself!

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Personally I think the T3 is garbage. I have one. I hate it, and I no longer use it. Some people love it. I can't understand why. If your interested in trying other things. Pick up a vivi nova, or a smoktech carto tank. The T3 was the first tank I had, and if I had restricted myself to that, I would for sure, 100% be back to smoking cigarettes by now.

epaVi

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Toronto
I turned down the voltage - it was too cool for me and didnt reduce TH.

Also, is the tank supposed to get hot? I suppose so if the coils are at the bottom.

Im having a challenge with this toy :( Im trying to understand how to take a haul off of it in a way that is different than a cigarette. Ive tried sucking veeeeery lightly . Then I blow out, but that just doesnt seem tasteful.

Im really hoping that I can get reduced PG juice soon.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I turned down the voltage - it was too cool for me and didnt reduce TH.

Also, is the tank supposed to get hot? I suppose so if the coils are at the bottom.

Im having a challenge with this toy :( Im trying to understand how to take a haul off of it in a way that is different than a cigarette. Ive tried sucking veeeeery lightly . Then I blow out, but that just doesnt seem tasteful.

Im really hoping that I can get reduced PG juice soon.

You'll probably have to play around with the voltage settings to figure out where you like it, even after you get reduced PG (at least I've had to, and it usually differs depending on the juice and clearo I use). I think my T3 gets hot sometimes, but only if I'm chain vaping.

Have you tried puffing it (draw in some vapor, then draw in air, then more vapor)? Sometimes that helps bring out the flavor more.

Oh and about your original post and your throat hurting, make sure you're also staying very hydrated. Reduced PG and/or adjusting your nicotine level will probably help a lot with the sore throat, but you need to stay hydrated, too. I use mostly VG juice and if I'm dehydrated at all it will hurt my throat.

Hang in there, the Twist is really great once you adjust to it and figure out what works for you :)

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Stupid question time ... this may have been answered elsewhere, but I've been reading these forums for hours and my brain is a bit fogged. Will the Vivi Nova work with the eGo twist? Are the threads the same?

Ego batteries are equipped with 510 threads and ego threads. That means you can use anything on it that uses 510 or ego threading, which is pretty much anything. The exception would be stuff with an 808 connection. But from my experience, 808 threading is fairly uncommon.

Hey Guys,

Im new - Just picked up a twist today with a Kanger T3.

Firstly, the juice I got is a 70/30 combo and it really hurts my throat when I inhale. So Im going to try to get some juice that doesnt have as much PG. Until then, is there anything I can do to minimize the TH other than short hauls or not inhaling?

ANother question. With the Kanger T3, Ive been told that the tank will last about 1.5 - 3 weeks. Is it the entire tank that would need to be replaced? or just the piece that goes in the bottom with the wick?

Lastly, the guy that sold me the twist had me set it to 4.25. What do these settings represent? How do I know if/when I have to change the setting?

Any help, or thread pointing would be appreciated

Cheers

I'm just new enough to be dangerous, but if you want to add VG, why don't you run up to Walmart or Michaels and buy some?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread