Noob in The Burg

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWC1969

Apr 24, 2011
Harrisburg, NC
Thank you all for the welcomes!

Congrats on making the switch to e-cigs! Lots of great info on this forum from very knowledgeable people.

What's the e-cig you started vaping with?

First I just tried a disposable unit to see if I would like it. Then, I wanted something that looked like an analog, so I bought an Amerismoke Micro. I'm still walking a little funny from the amount of money I paid. I've had it for about two weeks now and I'm ready to move up to something with batteries that hold a charge for more than 20-30 puffs. But, that will have to wait awhile.

zizzlak

May 23, 2010
TX
Thank you all for the welcomes!

First I just tried a disposable unit to see if I would like it. Then, I wanted something that looked like an analog, so I bought an Amerismoke Micro. I'm still walking a little funny from the amount of money I paid. I've had it for about two weeks now and I'm ready to move up to something with batteries that hold a charge for more than 20-30 puffs. But, that will have to wait awhile.

I hear ya there. Like 1949katie mentioned, the first one is usually always dicey unless you have a friend to turn you on to the right stuff. Or happened to find this forum before you bought :) Ultimately, as long as it got you into e-cigs and off analogs or "getting there" then it's well worth it. I have been analog free for a year now and I have no regrets about getting burned on that first one.

zizzlak

May 23, 2010
TX
Excellent, then you are well on your way. What made it better for me was when I realized that hey, I may have just dropped $80 or $100, but what I saved by not having to buy a pack of smokes every day more than made up for it.

Just out of curiosity, how long was it from the time that you started vaping to the time that you gave up analogs altogether? For me it was about 3 days of doing both. Next thing I knew I had gone the whole day without a single analog. I don't think that's the norm though, I think I was just ready.

Last edited:

SWC1969

Apr 24, 2011
Harrisburg, NC
I primarily started vaping at work because the company is now tobacco free and we can only smoke on our lunch break off the property. So I used up the disposable e-cig in a couple of days, then a week later ordered my starter kit. Used up the three cartos that came with it in about a week. Ordered a bottle of eJuice and received it last Thursday. I was down to a few smokes Thursday night and decided I was going to try just vaping through the weekend and I smoked my last cig a week ago. All in all, probably about four weeks of sporadic vaping.

SWC1969

Apr 24, 2011
Harrisburg, NC
Welcome to the forums! I was just at IKEA last week. I live over the mountain in Gatlinburg, TN. You're just about 30min from Madvapes' home store in Cornelious. You should go check them out, they are an awesome group of people.

Built my first mod and been to MadVapes three times in the last three weeks! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread