NoOb PoSt - revisited, 25 days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Original "BEFORE" thread is http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-if-i-have-right-hopefully-not-duplicate.html)

Ok, then. 25 days later. I got my stuff from Fasttech 10 days ago. There are exactly 4 new cigarette butts in the ashtray since then, and none of them where smoked more than one drag cuz they taste so NASTY now. LOL I LoVe vaping!!!!

LOVE the iTaste VV 3.0. VW rocks, perhaps even more so ~because~ I am a beginner: No worrying about coil resistances or what voltage my battery is at or anything, just set the watts and forget it. 800mA is just a bit small, if I'm not charging it some while I sit at the pc; during a day of book reading on the couch, it finally ran out around 9pm. No biggy, as I made sure to get a ($9) ego-t 1300mA as my backup device, like everyone was nice enough to properly drill into my head. :)

As I was also instructed, I got a range of tanks to go with it. the ego bottom coil CE4's i got from fasttech might or might not have tasted good, but I got so peeved after the second time of accidentally unscrewing the tank instead of unscrewing off the battery, making a complete and dangerous mess of things, that they got retired to the back of the equipment shelf. The other bottom coil tank i got was a nice Kanger protank, that everyone seems to love, but at least with this setup, there seems to be no setting at which i don't get some bit of burnt taste. This makes me very sad, because it is such a pretty, pretty tank. The top coil Vivi Nova v4 fared much better, but my favorite so far has been the dual coil iClear 16's that came with the iTaste!! (a later poster suggested this might be the case.)

I bought a mess of flavors of e-liquid from fasttech as well, all in 24mg. I found out that I really do not like tobacco flavor anymore, and love the non-citrus fruits. mocha and cappucino were ok. I also bought some DIY supplies from RTS Vapes: 60mL of 100mg VG nic, and a 250mL bottle of both PG and VG, some flavorings, and some bottles and syringes for mixing. I am a mad scientist at heart, have brewed my own beers and meads, am an engineer that loves to tinker, and knew that half the fun for me would be flavor tinkering. After a couple days, I got out the latex gloves and started playing. I think I like a 50/50 PG/VG mix of watermelon and blueberry, in about 25mg strength, a whole whole lot. And a strawberry and cream mixed with honey eliquid is pretty swell as well, so far. At about a 75/25 PG/VG mix, I get too much of what people call a throat hit, and at 85% VG i get way too little throat hit, so i worked in from there and found that 50/50 seems to work for this newbie. Im figuring out what things I like, and what I don't. :)

What was a real surprise for me is just how EASY, nay EFFORTLESS it has been to leave the cigarettes sitting lonely and forgotten on the table. After the first few hours, there has been NO hidden panic in the back of my mind, which was always a constant with every "quitting" attempt I'd tried. But this is just a no brainer. I mean, though I KNOW that vaping is orders of magnitude healthier for me, the fact remains that in the face of strong mental and physical addiction, "self preservation arguments" are rarely enough to win the day. Instead, It Just Tastes Better. PERIOD. And that's an ~easy~ winning argument. My body gets all the nicotine it wants, my animal brain still gets the hand to mouth thing going on, and I get a richer, more varied, and frankly more rewarding experience. And on top of that, both I and the apartment smell better, and I've stopped having to take antacid all the time. YAY!! I WIN!!! And I hardly put any effort into this at all!!

And I have to thank notsoogood :wub: for starting this whole process going in my head, slowly, and months and months ago. Thank you. :laugh:

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
When you feel like it, you could try removing SOME flavor wick from the ProTank coil and giving it another try.
You wiggle and pull till the post comes out out, then use tweezers to remove one or two strands - leave some there.
I think they put too much in there, and the coil can't get enough juice. This fixed my trouble with ProTanks, and now I'm happy!

Glad to hear you quit burning leaves so easily - it was the same for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread