Noob question here

Status
Not open for further replies.

emil michel

Apr 1, 2020
montreal
hi , i have a reuleaux tinker and the tank that come with it (column) with wismec
WL01 Single 0.15ohm Head coil. i just cant find these coil in canada...i saw them in usa, china..australia but the shipping take month....my question is, since my tank have a 510 spring loaded connector can i just use another tank with the same wattage? and if someone know wich one i should take....
sorry if i misunderstanding something here i have hard time knowing how vape really work....and sorry for spelling mistake i speak french:mad:
tnx for your answer it will help alot!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi @emil michel, welcome to ECF. Those coils do seem hard to come by around here. To answer your question, yes, unless you're using a pod mod (which you aren't) you can use pretty much any tank with any mod.

Coils have resistance (measured in ohms) and recommended wattage settings. The resistance of the WL01 coils you're using now is 0.15 ohm, so you probably want to look for a tank that has coils with a similar resistance. That doesn't necessarily mean you'll want to vape them at 60 watts.

When you get a new tank and coils, each coil will have recommended settings. They're usually printed on both the coil box and the coils themselves, though it takes good eyes to read them there! The best technique for finding the right setting for a given type of coil is to:

1. Prime the coil. Drip ejuice on any white wicking you can see in the coil, then put it in the tank and fill it. Wait 5 - 15 minutes before starting to vape to be sure the ejuice has time to soak through the coil.

2. Turn your power (wattage) to about 1/2 the recommended setting for that coil (so if it says 60 - 80 watts, start at 30 - 40).

3. Take a few puffs, then increase your power and try again.

4. Keep increasing the power until the vape gets worse instead of better.

5. Turn your power back down to where you liked it best. That's the right setting for your coil. Don't worry if it's outside the recommended settings - they're just recommended, not required, and they're often exaggerated.

Good luck!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Bonjour @emil michel That is the extent of my French.

Stock through out Canada is pretty slim given the troubled times. Also, shopping online within Canada, many retailers have a minimum $100 purchase before you qualify for free shipping.

Gas City Vapes out of Alberta has both the tanks and extra coils that was recommended above. Their free shipping qualifier is only $50 so easy to achieve if purchasing a tank and some spare coils for future use, which I will recommend.

Canada has a healthy vape industry so I'm sure you could find these tanks elsewhere. But I can vouch for Gas City, excellent service and you may even get some freebie's thrown in. Also note there maybe delays with Canada Post

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Punk In Drublic haha rainy and desert...at least the sqdc and saq are still open :thumbs: it make the quarentine less boring haha

Was sunny and quite warm in Toronto today. Not that was any benefit because you can't enjoy the many patio's Toronto has to offer. The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) was declared and essential service. Good thing because I would have stormed the Ontario Parliament! Vaping was also declared an essential service. But shops are taking their own precautionary measures. Some are closed, some offer curbside service, and some open to the public. But online shopping is still operational.

Reactions: emil michel

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
yeah that weird i called today at a shop and the guy told me it was not a essensial service...aand all vape shop will reopen 13 april ....but I was sure I heard it was essensial service...maybe its different in quebec? or the guys just wanted to make me wait until he re-open xD

Each province is allowed to declare what is essential or not.

• Informative
Reactions: emil michel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread