Noob that already quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Hey all! New member happy to be hear and learning a lot about the world of vaping!

I quit smoking for 5 years or so using the patch after smoking for 25 years. My wife still smokes and has never shown a desire to quit but when I mentioned vaping, she said she was willing to try it. I happily ordered a provari mini after doing some research and it is on its way!

Wish us luck!

Richkellett888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2012
Santa Fe Springs, Ca
Good Luck! I havent had a analog in almost 2 months and my wife is going on over 3 months and we were a pack a day smokers sometimes if her pack wasnt empty i'd finish it for her. I think you will be more than happy with the provari. I got a v2 a couple weeks ago and ordered one for my wife and a second for myself and they are supposed to be here today! If I would have known about ecf I would have saved a boatload of $$$ instead of having to do trial and error internet shopping. This is the place to be if you have ANY questions about vaping. Smoking was a habit Vaping is more like a hobby now. Vape on brother!
Hey all! New member happy to be hear and learning a lot about the world of vaping!

I quit smoking for 5 years or so using the patch after smoking for 25 years. My wife still smokes and has never shown a desire to quit but when I mentioned vaping, she said she was willing to try it. I happily ordered a provari mini after doing some research and it is on its way!

Wish us luck!

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Just received my shipment!

-Provari Mini
-18490 batteries x2
-Pila charger
-510 cartomizers
-ProTips tip
-juice sampler

Now charging the batteries and watching some vids on how to fill the cartomizers. Lol never seen it done before but it looks like a pain. Already thinking about an alternative. Tank and atomizer? Hope to get it figured out by the time the wife gets home. I don't want it to at least look effortless to use so that she takes to it.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Just received my shipment!

-Provari Mini
-18490 batteries x2
-Pila charger
-510 cartomizers
-ProTips tip
-juice sampler

Now charging the batteries and watching some vids on how to fill the cartomizers. Lol never seen it done before but it looks like a pain. Already thinking about an alternative. Tank and atomizer? Hope to get it figured out by the time the wife gets home. I don't want it to at least look effortless to use so that she takes to it.

Bet your wife is loving it........... The Provari mini..... If she doent like the juice may I sugesst some 100% VG 36mg unflavored e-liquid... Sold by Innovapor.com Use ECF20 for the discount code.... My favorite juice....... Might also want to try some 510 atomizers for direct dripping......

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Looks like I bought the wrong batteries. The 18490 don't fit without an extension cap. I wanted the 18350's but made a mistake in ordering. Typical noob mistake I guess.

Anyone know if I can get 18350's at a brick and mortar place? Otherwise it's going to be another week or so to sort things out.

Bummer!!! That would drive me crazy. Look on the bright side. Now you have plenty of time to practice filling cartos. I suggest the "Condom method". :)

Unfortunately, I've never seen decent sized lithiums in any B&M, but they might carry them in a "Batteries-R-Us" store if you have one nearby. They mostly have every conceivable cellphone or mp3 player battery, but it's worth a shot. There are stores that specialize in nothing but batteries, so check your Yellow Pages, but prepare to be robbed.

You're going to want to take your Provari with you. IIRC, it's a little finicky as to what battery will fit, in terms of the button on the top.

Of course, if you have an enlightened smoke-shop, it's possible they'd carry them as well.
Good luck. I'd order online anyway, just in case.

Last edited:

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Day 1 of wife off analogs has gone way better than expected. I am so happy! Hope it sticks. She has already found a makeshift case for her Provari Mini (pics to come). Already narrowing down a short list of boge 3ohm compatible tanks to cut down on the refilling the cartos. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the lil mama. Thanks for all the great advice and info so far. More updates to come!

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
I have received so many congrats from people I know..I smile and say thank you..but actually I'm feeling a bit guilty. The transition to being a vaper was so easy! And I'm enjoying this far more than I enjoyed smoking analogs. So..I feel a bit guilty that I haven't "suffered" :) WTG liveone and liveone's spouse.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the ECF! You have found some of the most supportive people in the world here. Every time I get on ECF I find myself thinking these are my people. LOL The only other people who seem to understand our very very complex relationship with vaping and our constant chase for the perfect vape are one another. Good luck

lurikeen

Mar 27, 2012
Los Angeles,CA

Wish us luck!
Good luck. I've been smoking for about 6 years now pack a day American spirits. Today will be my first time to actually try quitting analogs my provariv2 black satin with blue led will be here today ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread