Noob to Vaping and ecf

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
ATL
Today is 23 days I've been smoke free.

I can't say I like vaping as well as I did smoking, I like it more.

No, I didn't smoke a lot. I started smoking at 15 and quit with the exception of smoking OPs when drinking at 24 (clove cigs then Marlboro Lights). So I was only a social smoker for 20 years but bought a pack in April after a traumatic personal event. Smoking took the edge off for me -- helped me to cope. I was smoking about 5 analogs a day, more on weekends, but I hated the smell and worried about the health implications. Smoking was also affecting my workouts.

Quitting, even 5 smokes a day, wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. In fact, it was worse than when I stopped cold turkey in my 20s. I had quit one time in the last 6 months with nic gum, but that only lasted for about 2 weeks.

Now that I'm vaping I have no desire to smoke. So when hubs has a cigar I can vape with him. I can vape at my desk. In my car. In my house. It's great. I owe my conversion to a coworker who brought me a disposable Apollo to try after about 6 days of using nic lozenges but still having the urge to smoke. I was sold.

I vape KR808s, still experimenting with juices but RY4 is my current favorite. Nice to know that there's a community out there as well as a lobby to ensure our right to vape.

cheers.

Last edited:

brewdawg

Oct 6, 2011
MB, SC
Welcome! We have a similar story. I smoked about 25 years (I'm 37), picked up an e-cig and haven't touched or even craved a cig since. I find the most amazing part is that I didn't even want to quit smoking...0 motivation. Just bought an e-cig on a whim and tada! smoke free.

Major....same here ( I'm 36 ) and had no motivation and I actually thought e-cigs were stupid and too expensive ( boy was I wrong ). Then, the wife started by getting one of those over priced mall starter kits....from that experience a quick search and found ECF.....then the fun started :)

nunya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
ATL
JJ: Indeed. I was more concerned with the health costs so I'm happy to pay a little more. I was on my way to smoking more. I had to rein myself in bc I wanted to smoke twice as much. It was on its way to becoming a bigger habit. I use my pv like a pacifier right now, but that's ok, I think I'll curb it once the novelty wears off. (Yeah, I know, just go with it.)

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Way to go, I just quit after dragon con, due to sitting in 4 hour or more panels and what not. Helped when my friend hooked me up and said, here you can just stay in here and vape and wont have to run outside to smoke. Been hooked on vaping ever since and after getting back to the world, did not like the taste of cigs mixed with vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread