Noobie redditor from Athens, GA reporting in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

niperwiper

Jul 3, 2012
Athens, Georgia
Hello!

I remember seeing my first e-cigarette about two years ago, but never really thinking about using it since that point. I never see them around where I live. Last night, whilst browsing Reddit, I found a post that seriously made me grimace. A man who smoked two packs a day in front of his computer brought in his machine for repair and they found this when they opened it up.

Now I've never smoked a TON, about two packs a week is my general tendency. When I'm out drinking, sometimes I'll go through a whole pack though and my body will feel like .... the next day from all the chemicals my body is infested with. Smoking in general just doesn't make me feel great, and why not right? I mostly do it out of habit, of course, and rationalize it a bit by saying I can be social with the other smokers while doing it. A meager excuse.

I also told myself I'd stop smoking when I found the right girl for me. I think I have. We've been together for six months. She's an extremely independent girl, and doesn't ever want to impose ideas on somebody else. She does, however, care about my health and has asked me subtly when I would plan to stop smoking and why I haven't already. I think she deserves my quitting as well.

That post of the guy's heatsink was my final breaking point. I realized that what I was putting in my body was going to kill me without a doubt. Now of course I'd been told this many times before and didn't think myself to be some kind of exception, but I just never really cared that much. I've been smoking since I was 18, 24 now. I told myself, well hey it's okay, I've only been smoking two years, four years, six years ... the excuses went on. Clearly I'm on the wrong track and I'd like to be healthy again. I bicycle everywhere I go because I don't have a car. I'd imagine switching to an e-cigarette would help me enormously.

After reading a lot of material on r/electronic_cigarette, I made the decision to go with what seems like a pretty standard popular choice, the regular little DSE eGo, along with four flavors (all 10 ml, 2 sweet carolina, 2 clove, chocolate, menthol), some cartomizers, and a drip tip.

Do I know how to use any of this .... yet? Not really. I have a vague idea though. I'm still waiting for the stuff to get in. Hopefully it'll be by Friday or so though! I'll update you guys then, but for now, I'm extremely excited to get into vaping and enjoy my lungs at their full capacity again! I'll be lurking a bit around here in the meantime!

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
Good for you Niperwiper! I was a smoker for 40 years plus and I loved smoking - never wanted to quit. But my daughter always hated it and begged me to stop. One day she told me about e-cigs, so I thought I would try them for the heck of it - not believing they would want to make me quit smoking. Well, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed e-cigs and quit smoking almost immediately. Needless to say, my daughter was thrilled. I feel healthier, my taste and smell improved, I am saving money and love this habit. I can vape at work and many other places where I couldn't smoke.

I have a KGO (1100 mah) batteries and more recently I purchased a Provari which is awesome. I use Phiniac tanks, Vision CE4's on my devices for the most part. My favorite juice is Kona Coffee Milkshake from Virgin Vapor, although I very much like many of their other juices.

Hope you can make the transition to vaping and enjoy the adventure. This a great site for learning more about the vaping world. Good luck!

Steelmage

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Wake Forest North Carolina
Congrats on taking the first step away from cigarettes. I smoked for 42 years and the long term effects were definitely showing up with weezing, coughing, shortness of breath, etc. For me it took 4 days to fully convert to just using the Ecig. The most amazing part was 3 weeks after I converted my lungs didn't weez when I layed down at night. I also started with the basic eGo kit. As for how to use an Ecig, there are tons of YouTube video's on this and how to fill cartomizers, care for your Ecig and just about every other aspect of Vaping. This forum has some of the most knowledgable people you will find on the subject of vaping. I can recommend 4 Ecig reviewers on YouTube that have done excellent video's on pretty much all aspects of vaping, devices and E juice reviews. They are pbusardo, Grimmgreen, Steeljan and GeekGirlVaper. There are many many other super Ecig reviewers so don't limit yourself to just these. With regard to E Liquid, everyones taste buds are different so I recommend tring small are sample size E juice products from several venders. Each vender has thier own twist on flavors so trying to find flavors that taste great has been one of my single most challenging things about vaping. I have a drawer with over 40 small bottles, of which I really only liked about 5 or 6 flavors. Currently my favorites are RY4, Pina Colada, Blueberry, Strawberry, coffee and boba's bounty.

Jaymzifer

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
Cucamonga, SoCal
Welcome! Please keep lurking and do check back in with us; we have been through it and a lot of us are willing to help and answer any questions you have. Your kit seems like a great starter and those juices should do ya, don't rule out the sweeter juices, I find that in my top 5 or 6 there is only one tobacco flavor (Gandalf by HHV); a lot of people just naturally move away from Tobacco.

niperwiper

Jul 3, 2012
Athens, Georgia
Thanks so much for all the sound advice, everyone!

As for how to use an Ecig, there are tons of YouTube video's on this and how to fill cartomizers, care for your Ecig and just about every other aspect of Vaping. This forum has some of the most knowledgable people you will find on the subject of vaping. I can recommend 4 Ecig reviewers on YouTube that have done excellent video's on pretty much all aspects of vaping, devices and E juice reviews. They are pbusardo, Grimmgreen, Steeljan and GeekGirlVaper. There are many many other super Ecig reviewers so don't limit yourself to just these.

Great! This video helped me on filling my cartomizer a lot!

As a little treat, here's the first GIF I've ever made with my first ever e-cig on my first day of quitting analogs for good! (it's a little over 1 mb, so I can't embed it here)

Last edited:

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
Congratulations
A great big welcome to another Georgia Boy!! I smoked for 45 years before trying vaping and on the 1st day went from 30 down to 4 a day. I started with a small cig lookalike and when I got my KGO in April I totally quit cigs. If I can quit I believe anyone with the want to quit can!!
You will find that ECF has a vast wealth of user knowledge available at your fingertips.

VAPE ON!!!:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread