The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Northwest Illinois?

Discussion in 'Windy City Vaping' started by rugrat1965, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rugrat1965

rugrat1965 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Illinois
    Anyone from Northwest Illinois? I joined the WCV's and plan to attend a future meet up, but I was wondering if anyone was from my neck of the woods. I'm 2 hours west of Chicago and it's kind of lonely over here! :(

2. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I'm sort of between Bloomington and Peoria.

3. rugrat1965

rugrat1965 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Illinois
    Good to hear from you! I'm right between The Quad Cities and Rockford. Kinda strange here, I have never seen anyone else vape in my area. You could say I get some strange looks. LOL!

4. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Except for the people I've converted, most don't really live in the area.
    Still there has been a couple strangers that I've run into. More and more people seem to know what they are though. :)

5. TheGreen

TheGreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2009
    Burbs of Chicago
    Visit our site Windy City Vapers Club and put out a feeler thread out to see if there's anyone in your neck of the woods. Better yet we have our next monthly meet on April 9th where all the playas play.

6. AmyB66

AmyB66 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    Just east of Rockford but I have slowly been putting down roots west of Sterling. The place the meet is at should take about an hour and a half from Rockford if you don't hit construction or traffic.

7. rugrat1965

rugrat1965 Senior Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Illinois
    jj2.......I have a couple friends that bought the cheap little kits, but most of them haven't stuck with it. I usually stand outside and vape while my wife smokes combustables. I do though, openly vape at few places.

Green.......Thanks for the quick PM reply.

AmyB66.....I sent you a PM.

8. AmyB66

AmyB66 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    Sent you one back. Yeah, when we go out there to visit I get an odd look or two when toking on my chuck but all our friends and locals refer to us as the "Chicago People" Still not sure what that is about cause I ain't nothing like Chicago people. LOL!
    I do want to get out there soon, need to visit my horses and I've been craving me some fried chicken with jan sauce for a while!

9. Crossbar

Crossbar Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Okay, I swear to you that once you come out to ONE meet up, you will come back again. Where the meet ups happen is right at the Wyndham Hotel. Vape and stay the night. We have James from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop make the trip from Michigan EVERY MONTH, because he enjoys it so much. You enter the raffles you can walk away with juices, kits and mods. We also have anywhere from 3 to 5 vendors at every meet up and they bring their wares with them. So, it's a good opportunity to stock up on juice, atty's, batt's, carto's and mods without the shipping costs. Just think about it.

10. TheGreen

TheGreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2009
    Burbs of Chicago
    Yeah, What he said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.