Now I Completely Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaffPappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Adrift at Wolf 359
Lol. Just came back to this thread. After waiting by the window for the mailman (an hour late dammit!) the package came in along with my first IBTank. Loving it so far! vape is very smoothe and I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. Honestly the Provari was a second choice to the svoemesto Semovar (which I ordered at the same time, yet has another week to arrive?) but now I'm hoping I like the SM as much.

So, I presume you have thee SM now? What do you think? I started w/ Provari's, I have two, but now I'm getting ready to get a second SM. Your opinion of the two so far?

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
So, I presume you have thee SM now? What do you think? I started w/ Provari's, I have two, but now I'm getting ready to get a second SM. Your opinion of the two so far?

Honestly I think the Semovar is easily as good as the Provari. Both are smooth and very consistent. I do have to say my Semovar has become more of a 'trophy' device, if that makes sense. I found a SM Sticker from a guy in Isreal and I have the red LED window coming in from Cloud 9. I love using it around the house and at vape meets.

The Provari is a true workhorse. I baby and pamper it, due to my OCD, but I take it to work with me and it's definitely my go to device over the Semovar, not because it's better, but because it feels like it can't be hurt.

gmaffPappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Adrift at Wolf 359
I love my SM. It's my everyday work horse now.

I got a Sticker from RU. I love the idea and the form factor. It makes it "Perfect" for me, but I think it's seriously flawed. There are way too many connections in the thing. That adds a lot of resistance. Mine gets hot and when I use it, my batteries don't last as long. It also causes some error codes on the device due to the resistance. Have you had problems with yours?

I've actually designed a better sticker, but the machine shop around here wanted 800 bucks just to make the first one. As perfect as a better sticker would make the SMv3, at $800, I'll for-go perfection.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I love my SM. It's my everyday work horse now.

I got a Sticker from RU. I love the idea and the form factor. It makes it "Perfect" for me, but I think it's seriously flawed. There are way too many connections in the thing. That adds a lot of resistance. Mine gets hot and when I use it, my batteries don't last as long. It also causes some error codes on the device due to the resistance. Have you had problems with yours?

I've actually designed a better sticker, but the machine shop around here wanted 800 bucks just to make the first one. As perfect as a better sticker would make the SMv3, at $800, I'll for-go perfection.

Funny you mention it. Mine would give me E5 errors until I took it totally apart and sanded then polished to a mirror finish the connector bar, the attachment screws, and the pins that run from from the battery and the controller to the bar. Now I get no errors and it vapes strong. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
I have the same set up. Works for me :)

ajyzugah.jpg

Southern Tina

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
FL
Look at how shiny that black provari is I remember when mine looked like that

Well, if I had the same job that you do...then mine would be scratched up too. It just travels from home office to work office. I do need a stand so it doesn't keep tipping over though. I'm going to order that today.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Well, if I had the same job that you do...then mine would be scratched up too. It just travels from home office to work office. I do need a stand so it doesn't keep tipping over though. I'm going to order that today.

What kind of stand are you getting? I'm looking for something myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread