OBS Crius 2 single coil wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiptiClear

Feb 7, 2020
Hi all! First time posting but I have read a bunch of posts on a variety of subjects so thanks to all!

I just got the OBS Crius 2 single coil rta yesterday, and wanted some input. I used the stock coil that came with it, wicked with cotton bacon. Running a pomegranate juice, so it’s fairly sweet. The flavour and wicking was great so I chain vaped the crap out of it. Probably filled it 4 times (possibly 5) and it has become muted and slightly burnt tasting when I crank up the wattage. The wicking seemed pretty good, lots of bubbles coming out the bottom.

So my question is, how many ml/refills have you put through this tank before having to rewick? I know that there are many factors such as juice used, coil used etc that can change that answer. I am just looking to see what others are getting to see how effective my wicking was, e.g. is rewicking after 5 refills common for you on a 30pg/70vg fruit (non cream based) juice?

I am thinking that if the 4 or 5 refills I have done is on the low side, I may have wicked it a little tight or not thinned the tails enough. Again, I know there are many factors, just looking for some personal experience from others to see if I am in the ballpark.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sweet juice and type of wick matter as does how often and how hard your draw is when vaping. I have the rta and didn't need to dry burn or change wicks often, maybe every 10-14 days iirc. I vape diy with little to no sweetener and was probably still just using KGD back then. There are simply too many variables involved for a good answer. If you chain vape sweet juice then I'd say you're probably getting average life from the wick.

LiptiClear

Feb 7, 2020
So just rewicked it. When I took it apart, the coil was barely gunked at all and cotton still looked pretty clean. I am thinking I was maybe too tight on the tails in the juice holes on the first wicking and it wasn’t wicking as well as it should after 5 refills. Thinned them out a lot more this time, and it is vaping about the same as the first 3 or 4 refills. Great flavour and clouds, lots of bubbles. I guess I will see if I get more refills before losing flavour and having to rewick.

If anyone else wants to weigh in or offer up any tips, please do!

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread