OBS Engine Nano - big disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 20300535" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
I bought it because it supposedly is leak-proof. Not at all. It's leaking catastrophically when it is left for a few hours on its side. I think it's because of it's filling system - through side hole not properly secured by O-rings.
Any ideas how it can be prevented?

Don't leave it for a few hours on it's side. Leave it standing up. Problem solved.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I just left my Nano on its side for about 3 hours, and it didn't leak a drop. Are you sure that your o-rings are in place and the wicking is sufficient?
It's not my wicking - tank never leaks in vertical position.
When it's on its side, I believe leaking occur only if filling hole is down. So, in some cases there will be no leaking even if it is on its side. And it does not leak (when on it's side) when it is not full enough.
And about O-rings. Do you know how to disassemble its top part?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and rude

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Cleanup in aisle 6

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's not my wicking - tank never leaks in vertical position.
When it's on its side, I believe leaking occur only if filling hole is down. So, in some cases there will be no leaking even if it is on its side. And it does not leak (when on it's side) when it is not full enough.
And about O-rings. Do you know how to disassemble its top part?
I don't know about this tank , but in most of the rta's I have, kind of do the same..it depends on how it's laid on its side, like you said, if the tank has a certain amount of juice and where the juice channels are positioned. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I don't know about this tank , but in most of the rta's I have, kind of do the same..it depends on how it's laid on its side, like you said, if the tank has a certain amount of juice and where the juice channels are positioned. .

I have Kafuns 4 and 5 in my daily rotation, and when they are not in use they are always on theri sides.. Kayfun 4 never leaks, but it is a bit tight for my liking (but still usable). Kayfun 5 is perfect for my style of vaping, but it can seep juice, especially when wick gets older. So, I was looking for non-leaking tank. Unfortunately Engine Nano is the worst of these three (in terms of leaking).
In vertical position none of my tanks leak, but keeping tanks vertical all the time is too much work for me, does not makes vaping a comfortable habit.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I kind of agree with you, Alien Traveler. It really wasn't until I started getting my wicking right that I was comfortable taking one out of the house, as I had tanks that seeped, etc, and I just couldn't see that working without being able to complete a build that wouldn't leak at all. I have no exp with the engine, unfortunately, but I do agree that for me the best RTAs/RTDAs won't leak at all if I wick them correctly.

IDK what more you could do with the engine, it seems as if some folks are able to get it not to leak. Do you think it's possible you got a bad tank? What things have you tried to change to get things working?

I really did not think it was going to be possible for me to make a non-leaking tank while using cotton, but rayon was a huge game changer, I don't know what it is, and I'm not sure I much care, but rayon and I are like the perfect fit (in the coil, then thinning out the tails). I just find it SO much easier, and I have no idea why.

Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have Kafuns 4 and 5 in my daily rotation, and when they are not in use they are always on theri sides.. Kayfun 4 never leaks, but it is a bit tight for my liking (but still usable). Kayfun 5 is perfect for my style of vaping, but it can seep juice, especially when wick gets older. So, I was looking for non-leaking tank. Unfortunately Engine Nano is the worst of these three (in terms of leaking).
In vertical position none of my tanks leak, but keeping tanks vertical all the time is too much work for me, does not makes vaping a comfortable habit.
Never been an issue with mine because I keep upright and if they happen to fall over without me noticing, the chances are slim that everything aligns just right for it to leak.....so do you vape tube mods? Or top heavy set ups?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Can’t speak directly on the nano, but just inadvertently discovered a mod in the bottom of a back pack that I thought was not there all weekend, mods fine, tanks fine, and not a drop of liquid in the pack. Given I found it tank down and mod able to swing down or the side, with all the bumping around, leaking with this tank has never been an issue. And if had started on this as my first tank, I can’t imagine how freaked out I would have been when I got bottom air tank.

We all like different things. Great part is there should be something out to cover just about any taste and style a vaper could ever want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread