Not open for further replies.

Odell

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
Ocala, Florida
www.acbio.com
Ok so this is my first review (and my probable last) so here goes:

Just got a bottle of Kentucky Premium from Vermilion River this evening. Being Friday, I wandered out to my porch, dutifully opened up a Pilsner Urquell, and sat down to watch the fireworks of a Summer evening Florida thunderstorm.

Well, I fired up my old school Ego with a smoktech cartomizer at an ohm and a half and squirted some Vermilion River Kentucky Premium Blend for a little relaxation.

My first hit: Hmmm, waffles doused with maple syrup on a Sunday morning
Second hit: A hardwood campfire with my buds drinkin' beer
Third hit: A combination of bar b que and smokehouse memories of my youth

Ladies and Gentlemen this is an old school mixture of what you remember going through your nose during the Summer translated to your palette.

I believe Vermilion River has defined "artistry of the tongue".

'nuff said

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Nice review.

Kentucky Premium is in my daily rotation of juices. I just ordered a 15ml bottle to top up the 30ml that's about 3/4 gone.

The quality I like most about Kentucky Premium is, paradoxically enough, also the quality I like least. Which of those opinions holds sway depends on the particular day I think about it. That quality is the liqueur taste that's infused into the tobacco flavor. Perhaps liqueur isn't the right descriptive term, but I don't know what else to call it. Bourbon? Brandy? Irish Cream? I don't know, but the juice has that after-dinner flavored liqueur element. It's subtle rather than overpowering, but still sharp and tangy, with a decided bite. The tobacco base flavor is quite good, but it's the liqueur that grabs my attention. I wonder at times if what I'm calling liqueur in all these juices might instead be a restrained but concentrated vanilla element, so that it ends up tasting less like vanilla and more liqueur-like or even maple-y.

Backwoods Brew RY4 has a similar tone, although even more subtle and less forward, while all of Quick Nic Juice's tobaccos (Original, Tennesee Cured, and their RY4) have it in a more dramatic or dominant fashion.

I keep 14 different PVs on my desk (I work at home, so I can get away with that), all loaded with different juices from my favorites list. On the days I like Kentucky Premium's liqueur tang, it's very, very good, and I find myself reaching for that PV quite often, more than others. On days when I don't like it, it's still alright, but the juice gets vaped much less than others.

I haven't vaped any of Vermillion River's other liquids, but I assume that this flavor profile is consistent across their entire Kentucky Premium line of juices.

Last edited:

est

Apr 27, 2011
Texas
My first hit: Hmmm, waffles doused with maple syrup on a Sunday morning
Second hit: A hardwood campfire with my buds drinkin' beer
Third hit: A combination of bar b que and smokehouse memories of my youth
Nice review!

I also get popcorn, gingerbread, and faint tobacco in the far background. Very strong taste overall, with good vapor and TH (@18mg). All very sweet. Performs well in a carto. Unfortunately not what I was looking for (which was tobacco).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread