Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storyspinr

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Virginia
Thank you, Sherid! You're fortunate to have SOME reaonable people in Ohio. In Virginia, they bent over backward to include e cigs in the ban, including redefining "smoke" and declaring anything that looks like a cigarette IS a cigarette.

After the first of the year, when a new administration takes over in Virginia, maybe we'll finally get some adults making the decisions.

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
I'm curious as to why you would say NO ONE smokes inside of bars anymore. Clearly, they do. I just returned from one and smoked along with the owner and other customers. I have to say that vaping is great for me in every instance except when I am having drinks in a bar. Then, I want the real thing.

Well, all I know is that I've been to many bars since the ban began in 2006 and everyone complies with it. Have seen no one light up in a bar in Ohio - all the smokers go outside to light up. I don't know anyone who would even try lighting up inside a bar or restaurant around here. It's just accepted that it isn't done any more. But hey, if I saw people lighting up inside a bar, I'd probably do the same.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Well, all I know is that I've been to many bars since the ban began in 2006 and everyone complies with it. Have seen no one light up in a bar in Ohio - all the smokers go outside to light up. I don't know anyone who would even try lighting up inside a bar or restaurant around here. It's just accepted that it isn't done any more. But hey, if I saw people lighting up inside a bar, I'd probably do the same.

I believe that is so in the cities. In the rural or small town areas, you just have to know where to go. Just got home from my favorite little bar, and everyone was smoking as they have since the first day of the ban.

x0rsw1tch

Nov 21, 2009
Kent, OH

In case you wanted to know, out of all the bars I frequent, none of them had people smoking inside.

However, I went to this place on S. Arlington called the Busted Knuckle Saloon. People were smoking in there (including myself).

btw, nobody in Kent smokes in the bars at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread