The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ohm meter???

Discussion in '"Where can I get a .......?"' started by the.quiet.rider, Feb 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    I'm not even 100% sure that's what they're called. I am about to purchase my first Genesis style atty. I do not know much, but I am aware that you need to check the resistance before attempting to fire it. I only currently have an eGo Twist (I'm hoping to upgrade to a better mod eventually... money for what I want is an issue right now lol) and since it obviously does not read the ohms of the atty, i'll need a separate unit for that. I can't seem to find one that's inexpensive. It does not need to do anything fancy, nor have multiple features. I will be using it ONLY to check the resistance of the coil I wrap before throwing it on my twist. Anyone know where I can pick something up?? TYIA for your time!!

2. gtbb

gtbb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Cape Coral,Florida
    A multimeter will be your best bet. It performs many different tests you won't care about but are found in many inexpensive units. They can be found at online places such as e-bay and many others.There are other ohm checking devices sold by vape stores which have a 510 thread which you screw into them to check the ohms. I would recommend to you a multimeter and follow up with Youtube videos to learn how to use.Good luck to you!

3. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Ohio
  4. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Thanks guys.... that's what I was hoping to find. cheap and practical.

5. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
    While not as versatile, you might consider a relatively inexpensive PV with built in Ω metering. Such a feature can save a fair amount of fumbling around. The Ovale V8 is inexpensive at about $30. It may not be the perfect device, but is a good value.

6. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
  7. gtbb

gtbb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Cape Coral,Florida
    With a multimeter you will beable to check the status of your batteries as well which you can not do with a atty ohm meter.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.