Ohm meter???

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.quiet.rider

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2012
Sheffield Lake
I'm not even 100% sure that's what they're called. I am about to purchase my first Genesis style atty. I do not know much, but I am aware that you need to check the resistance before attempting to fire it. I only currently have an eGo Twist (I'm hoping to upgrade to a better mod eventually... money for what I want is an issue right now lol) and since it obviously does not read the ohms of the atty, i'll need a separate unit for that. I can't seem to find one that's inexpensive. It does not need to do anything fancy, nor have multiple features. I will be using it ONLY to check the resistance of the coil I wrap before throwing it on my twist. Anyone know where I can pick something up?? TYIA for your time!!

gtbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Cape Coral,Florida
A multimeter will be your best bet. It performs many different tests you won't care about but are found in many inexpensive units. They can be found at online places such as e-bay and many others.There are other ohm checking devices sold by vape stores which have a 510 thread which you screw into them to check the ohms. I would recommend to you a multimeter and follow up with Youtube videos to learn how to use.Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread