Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Try removing the tank/atomizer from the battery and reattach it.

Try removing the coil from the atomizer (if you can) and then reinstall it.

If those fail, replace the coil if you have a replacement.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Oh my... I forgot. if that's the tank I think it is, and you have to replace the coil, you have to prime the new coil before you can use it.

Screw it into the base first. Then you have to use your liquid to saturate the exposed cotton on the sides of the new coil and put a few drops down the center hole. Then fill your tank again and let it sit and soak 10-15 minutes.

Then turn the wattage wayyyy down and start taking short puffs, both powered on and with no power. Slowly work up in wattage until vapor and flavor are right.

You HAVE to do this process, or the replacement coil will be ruined.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi Kim and welcome to the board. Assuming you got the machine all in a kit, you have a TFV8 "baby beast" tank. @Coastal Cowboy probably has the right of it. FOr some reason the mod doesn't think the tank is attached. It can't see the coil in the tank so its ohms are too low. Remove and replace the tank, cleaning the attachment when you do. If that doesn't fix it, try disassembling the tank and replacing the coil in the middle of it. It's a little metal dingus in the middle of the base that looks something like this:

smok_tfv8_turbo_engines_replacement_coils.jpg

You should have gotten a spare or two in the kit.

Keep your head down in the storm. That looks to be a bad one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF, I hope the above helped you. I've dealt with a messed up vape, but not a hurricane on top of it! Stay safe and I hope you are able to find a fix. This is why on the forum we say "backups" even if they're inexpensive, rarely used backups, for situations like this! I've been supremely glad on occasion(s) to have a backup to hand.

Best of luck!

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to ECF, I hope the above helped you. I've dealt with a messed up vape, but not a hurricane on top of it! Stay safe and I hope you are able to find a fix. This is why on the forum we say "backups" even if they're inexpensive, rarely used backups, for situations like this! I've been supremely glad on occasion(s) to have a backup to hand.

Best of luck!

Anna
Ahah that one i found out myself the hard way :p
Counting the number of times i get issues with the big baby rba XD, thank god i have my other mod and backup tank :p (makes charging go by quicker too since i don't have backup for duals atm :lol:)

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Oh boy don't laugh too hard at my poor knowledge of the parts and what they're called. Its a smok al85. Rechargeable battery thati charge in a charger not in the cig. Topload have no idea the names of the diff parts
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you learn the basics,you can easily progress to more advanced vape equipment.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread