Ohms testing on the 3D Auto Dripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I've searched the threads for a week, and can't find an answer. I have a KFL+, a Nimbus, a Kraken, and an Enigma, so I'm not terribly new to rebuildables, but I recently got a 3D auto Dripper for the Nemesis.

It doesn't have a 510 connection, and I can't figure out how to test the ohms on it so I can use it. Maybe I need a multimeter? With my other rebuildables it was so easy to test them. (I use fuses or kicks in all my mechs, use genuine AWs and purple efests, and never run the batteries low or sub ohm, so hadn't bought a multimeter yet).

I also saw a mention while I was seaching, that there is a 510 adapter thingy for the 3D. Maybe I should try to find one of those so I can use it on all my mods rather than just on the Nemmy.

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but I don't use any topper without testing it first and often, and I'm excited to try my 3D.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Yup! You'll need a 510 adaptor in order to use it on a standard ohm meter. The 3D was originally made to be a hydrid dripper for the nemmy.

Pretty sure vaperev sells the 510 adaptor. So does fasttech

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Thanks Kiwi, I'll look at Vaperev first I think, because they are a bit closer! I assume you can test them with a multimeter though?

ka724ka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Newark, California
I use the multimeter to check resistance on my 3D. One probe to the bottom thread and one probe to the center pin. (As red arrows)
2uga4unu.jpg

Last edited:

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
I use the multimeter to check resistance on my 3D. One probe to the bottom thread and one probe to the center pin. (As red arrows)
2uga4unu.jpg

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed to know! I will definitely get a multimeter as soon as possible!

Oh. Well if you have a proper multi meter with the probes, then you don't need the adaptor. Just do what ka724ka says.

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

I still thank you for telling me where to get the adapters Kiwi, I couldn't find those threads saw them on again. I'm going to get one so I can use it on all my mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread