ohms vs volts vs warmth HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
I am new to all of this.... Can someone give me the Class 101 explanation to all of this ohms/volts/warmer vape stuff? I am vaping on a eGo and now an eGo with a t tank........ If I understand this right I am using a 3.7 volt with 2.2 ohm attie? This is all that I have been using and I am happy with taste flavor, temperature of juice/vaper... I don't know if I can necessarily say it is a warm draw or not.

I have bought the super mini GLV and waiting for that to come in the mail. I believe it is a 3.7 volt with a 510 connection. Now if I can get a hold of a Map Tank next week I have choices. the 510 Map Tank E2: 2.4, 2.8, or the 3.2 ohms.

To get the look I really want I am going to replace the 510 E2 with the KR808D E2 that comes in the 2.5 or 3.0 ohms.... AND I will be using a 510-808 adapter. I don't know what to do... as far as using my own discretion to temps. Will thes 808 E2's vape differently than what I am used to? will they be warmer? Produce smaller or more vape than my eGo?

Can Someone help me here: Wants: lots of vape and no burn taste or too warm of a draw. hat is the rule as far as damage to the battery or the higher vs. lower ohms when comparing warm/warmer?

ANY help would be appreciated. would like a beginner explanation to all of this... I am confusing myself here and have read info on a website but, got more confused!

Throat hit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
south warwickshire UK
At the moment you are running around 6 watts so the 2.4 510 will produce a similar heat to your set up now I do not know how the map tank and the 510 compare to each other performance wise. To work out the heat measured in watts first divide the voltage by the atty resistance so 3.7volts divide 2.2 ohms = 1.68 which is 1.68 amps this is the current drain on the battery. Next multipl the volts by the amps so 3.7 times 1.68 = 6.21 watts which is the power of the atty. I hope this makes sense and I will let someone else comment on the 808 as I dont know. You will figure the higher the attys resistance in ohms the cooler it will run as long as the battey stays the same voltage. You would not want a very low resistance atty on a high voltage mod either as it will not last for long and burn out. Regards Rob

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Power = VxV/R where V = voltage delivered to load and R = resistance (the load). Power is expressed in watts.

Sweet spot for many is around 5Watts (W), though some things do nice higher (7 - 8 W), and some like it a bit cooler.

Simple example:
If my battery outputs 3V (none are really that low), and my atty or carto is 2 ohms, then power = 3x3/2 = 9/2 = 4.5W. This would be a slightly cool vape.

More power means warmer and more vapor. Too much power trends to "burn" the flavor (though there is no actual flame).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread