Old Shakes = New Shakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I have some shakes left over from June and they are 12mg. Shortly thereafter I dropped to 6 mg and my shake stash has been sitting dormant. I recently ordered some 0 mg Chocolate and Strawberry. One thing I noticed is that my old shakes are really dark. I'd say almost as dark as the Caramel Macchiato I recently got.

Can I mix the old shake @ 12mg with my new shakes @ 0mg and yield 6mg? (Simple math tells me yes).

I have one reservation though. I am thinking that the old shakes may be passed their prime and not mix well with the new stuff, or will "bring down" the flavor of the new shakes. Here recently the new shakes that I have tried have been nothing but outstanding and I'd hate to trash the new juice. Would it be wise to ditch or PIF the older stuff to somebody that will vape it in due time?

I loaded my dripper with some fresh 0mg max VG chocolate and it is outstanding! I'd hate to ruin it with some old juice.

Here is the color difference. I went ahead and gave the chocolate a try.

utu8ysy9.jpg

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
nicotine oxidizes and darkens with time. it also reacts with the flavorings to create a wide array of colors, all of which darken in hue over time.

nicotine itself will turn yellow, tan, orange, even pink/red depending on how it was derived, storage condition, and handling.

add nic to a mix where flavoring has a hue of its own, and youll end up with a new color, which deepens with time as oxygen exposure increases in your mix (oxidization).

so, juices with nicotine already added will turn one color, while 0mg juice will pretty much stay the color it started out at.

in my opinion, it is perfectly fine for you to mix your older KJ e-juice with your new 0mg KJ juice. this is especially true imo because your old juice is only from June. as long as it hasnt been exposed to extreme heat for an extreme amount of time, that juice oughta be a-OK.

other things that can degrade your nic juice over time are light and air. but being in a dropper bottle, your air contact is minimal. light might be the weakest degrading force so i'd say your fine there too, especially seeing how its only been a few months.

if it tastes good, vape it! :vapor:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Just as a follow up I mixed my 0 nic strawberry shakes with my 12 mg strawberry shakes. Trying it right after mixing it was slightly harsh. I let them sit for a day or two and the flavors blended perfectly. Nic seems to be about right too. I went through both strawberry "mixes" in a short amount of time. Have some shamrock on the way in 0 nic so I can clear my two remaining bottles out of the stash locker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread