Old threads very helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Hey, i just wanted to say how helpful old threads are. I've been looking everywhere for grub screws for my Zeus X rta. 2 mins on here and found them in a 2 year old thread. Thanks ECF and members problem solved
Totally agree! It's also fascinating to read really old threads and see how all of this evolved through the years. Very helpful people here... might even find it's "info overload" but that's a good thing.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
May take awhile to find it. But its gold when you do! I found something on DIY. Because of my first disastrous attempt at DIY I was to embarrased to ask someone so I searched for it. All good now.
Heh. If it helps any most first DIY attempts are disastrous. Small batches are because they will be thrown away. When I went to art school it really irritated me freshman year that we weren’t allowed to finish anything. By junior year I realized it was a kindness. There wasn’t a single thing I did then that I didn’t view with horror.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Heh. If it helps any most first DIY attempts are disastrous. Small batches are because they will be thrown away. When I went to art school it really irritated me freshman year that we weren’t allowed to finish anything. By junior year I realized it was a kindness. There wasn’t a single thing I did then that I didn’t view with horror.
Yes it was a horror. Gosh awful. Your instructor was kind. Mine here was so very patient. I didnt have the heart to tell him I just didn't "get it". Thanks! Live and learn don't we?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes it was a horror. Gosh awful. Your instructor was kind. Mine here was so very patient. I didnt have the heart to tell him I just didn't "get it". Thanks! Live and learn don't we?
Yep. We get old and we learn most of what we did learn is almost nothing compared to how much there was TO learn and then we’re too old to remember it anyway.

Reactions: madstabber

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
May take awhile to find it. But its gold when you do! I found something on DIY. Because of my first disastrous attempt at DIY I was to embarrased to ask someone so I searched for it. All good now.

Don’t ever be embarrassed to ask anything. It’s been my experience here that everyone is eager to help, and especially the ones who seem to be the most experienced in whatever topic.

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Don’t ever be embarrassed to ask anything. It’s been my experience here that everyone is eager to help, and especially the ones who seem to be the most experienced in whatever topic.
Not for that question. It was beyond the depths of dumb. I usually do ask but really... it was obvious but it just didn't click. Like a professor told me some ppl need a second explanation or way to learn something. I needed a fourth. Lol

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I bought dozens of "2.5mm x 3mm Socket Set Screws Grub Cup Point + 1.3 Hex Key" from Ebay in 2015-2016 for my Aromamizers. They fit the X RTA just right. Ebay doesn't keep records on sales that long. My e-mail does though. JT Custom Guitar Shop. I think they're in FLA.

Machined grub screws & a hex driver from Wera get it done.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001P18OG

Reactions: Eskie

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
That same search string should work with any decent Boolean search engine.
The part I was trying to illustrate was not the Boolean '+' but rather the last term that begins with 'site:' and restricts the results to the site specified.

The trouble with external searches on a forum is that they can only show you results from the forum sections that are visible to anyone. Those search engines can't index sections that are only visible to logged-in users, or users with even higher rights. So content in the Outside, the ECF Veterans section, the Contributing Members section, or other sections that surely exist won't be included. A forum's in-built search engine doesn't have this limitation since it has direct access to the underlying message data in SQL format. The in-built engine is aware what sections the user performing the search has access to and can include results from all of them. Unfortunately, in-built engines generally suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread