omega 1.1 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundswell17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just realized this should probably be in "Ecigarette Technical Issues" if ya need to move it go for it.

hey guys, can't seem to find a solution to a problem i'm having, was hoping i'de find someone on the interwebs who shares my experience with the omega, but so far, none. I'll just throw up a pic cause it'll save me some typing.
201110150940331.jpg

The screw/bolt that holds the switch together is cutting into the aluminum of the assembly when the head spins. And the corners of the hex head on the screw/bolt are getting pretty chewed up and distorted too.

I've tried o-rings, small rubber gaskets, even electrical tape. Just something to stop the corners of the hex head from meeting the metal of the battery end of the switch by itself, tried to give it something soft. Everything i've tried so far either, prevents adequate switch play, or works its way up around the hex head over time. It would need to stay in between the hex head and the small lip of the battery end of the switch. I've worried that the hex head is to chewed up and hasn't enough of an edge to hold anything there.
I asked about it over on the altsmoke forum page here on ecf, and they said it won't hurt anything, but for the money i paid for it i'de like to know it's working correctly and not filling the inside of the pv with small metal shavings.

Anyone else had this problem? seriously? no one ?? :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread