Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Did I miss something? It did not say exactly why they were closing???

I'll add that part, thanks for telling me. It was because they had a large shipment seized by our good old friends at the FDA. You know whose chumps, the fine folks that want you to either smoke real cigarettes, or take a pill that wants to make you want to hang by your ******* neck in the closet.

This will be the continuing theme I have a feeling.

Nice. 8-o

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Yes I have a feeling this will continue. I was shutting down. And thanks to the other suppliers here, they encouraged me to stick with it.. It will take some time to get back up and running smooth, but I will get there ..

For those that have been hit hard by FDA like me, just be strong and stick it out>

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Yes I have a feeling this will continue. I was shutting down. And thanks to the other suppliers here, they encouraged me to stick with it.. It will take some time to get back up and running smooth, but I will get there ..

For those that have been hit hard by FDA like me, just be strong and stick it out>

This is all so truly sad. Jay I'm assuming you had shipment(s) held by the FDA, did they ever let them go?

I wonder if we could start a sticky for the companies here on the forum who have had orders held (and noted if they were released or not) by the FDA. And I wonder if we could somehow as a group try and order some from these companies (hoping they still have stock left). It wouldn't have to be much, but if we could somehow support our own it'd be nice! Just a thought.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Yes Sharon Fda has been very ugly to me the last month and half.. There are several of us that have been hit by Customs/FDA lately. I am afraid that this is just the beginning of it all..

This is all so truly sad. Jay I'm assuming you had shipment(s) held by the FDA, did they ever let them go?

I wonder if we could start a sticky for the companies here on the forum who have had orders held (and noted if they were released or not) by the FDA. And I wonder if we could somehow as a group try and order some from these companies (hoping they still have stock left). It wouldn't have to be much, but if we could somehow support our own it'd be nice! Just a thought.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Don't let it be. Speak to your suppliers personally (if at all possible) and ask them to NOT put their business name/address on the return label, use another address. Ask them to please claim the contents as a "gift" or some other such things.

We had a similar instance with customs in another hobby I was in- high dollar collectible dolls. Customs loved to keep the dolls and force us to pay high dollar taxes on them to have the packages be released. We remedied that by claiming the packages as GIFTS and other such things, with OUT business's attached to the package.

This left them WITHOUT a way to know what was in the package with out committing a federal crime of opening your mail.

Please protect yourself!

need_2quit

ECF Veteran
    Apr 5, 2009
    usa
    And I wonder if we could somehow as a group try and order some from these companies (hoping they still have stock left). It wouldn't have to be much, but if we could somehow support our own it'd be nice! Just a thought.

I totally agree. I did a small order from vapor options b/c of the fda. I wish I could do more to support adam. Tough times for our US suppliers.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2008
    Port Charlotte, FL USA
    Speak to your suppliers personally (if at all possible) and ask them to NOT put their business name/address on the return label, use another address. Ask them to please claim the contents as a "gift" or some other such things.

These criminal tactics have been discussed before, and, in the end, are a very bad idea. This is fraud. It's a crime. Yes, I've received shipments with lies as to content and value. I've also had an order seized that said "PVC Pipe" as contents, when it was really e-liquid. So lies don't always work.

But they do inspire Congress to hasten passage of the PACT act, which will shut down all ordering of our products. The first order of that bill is to stop "smuggling" -- and that's what is being advocated with ruses around reality.

E-smoking must be made legal. There is no other long-range conclusion that is satisfactory. Deceptions, lies, defiance, smuggling .. all have bad endings. We need manufacturers to step up to the plate and comply with regulations. The reward to them will be future dollars from us for the future of smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread