Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have no clue what you mean by "will the police detect it?" it is not like you are purchasing drugs on the street corner....

The wish app has pretty much nothing but fake, cloned items on it. I would not recommend anyone to use it for vape related purchases. Go to a reputable vape site or your local vape shop.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Isit safe to purchase vape items from the Wish app?? Have anyone tried?? Will the police detect it??
Hello and welcome to ECF. I have no idea what you mean either. Having said that, looking at the reviews online for the Wish app I wouldn't touch it with a forty foot pole.

There are plenty of honest companies and sites around, including many that you can find on this forum.
Best of luck :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If I'm not mistaken, @HauntedMyst did some hard time at a Mississippi labor camp for buying a Super T Workhorse off the Wish app. He lost something like 75 lbs, 3 fingers and his left foot over a 2 year period. He lost some other stuff too but it's not really my place to discuss it. :eek:
Maybe he'll pop in to fill in the blanks .

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
If I'm not mistaken, @HauntedMyst did some hard time at a Mississippi labor camp for buying a Super T Workhorse off the Wish app. He lost something like 75 lbs, 3 fingers and his left foot over a 2 year period. He lost some other stuff too but it's not really my place to discuss it. :eek:

Horrible story when it first came out but I believe he has found everything that was lost except for the other stuff, that's gone forever.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Isit safe to purchase vape items from the Wish app?? Have anyone tried?? Will the police detect it??
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Why would the order attract the attention of law enforcement?

With many trusted vendors in china, taking a risk to save a few $'s is not prudent nor encouraged.
YMMV

Cheers
I

CloudChuckerz

May 20, 2018
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
Why would the order attract the attention of law enforcement?

With many trusted vendors in china, taking a risk to save a few $'s is not prudent nor encouraged.
YMMV

Cheers
I
Singapore... Vaping is illegal in my country

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Singapore... Vaping is illegal in my country

With anything it's the risk associated with "maybe".

No government can open every package that comes in from overseas to examine the contents. What they do is spot check.. sometimes they will open packages to check the contents.

It often depends on what was in an agent's head at the moment he saw your package whether or not your package will be opened or not.

So, there is a risk associated with trying to buy something from overseas that your government has made illegal.

The question is always if your caught, are you able to deal with whatever the consequences are?

There is a chance you won't be
caught and there is a chance you will be.. if your willing to take the chance there are some vendors in China who don't put the company name in the return address so it looks more like a friend from overseas sent a package to you.

If I recall correctly however, the risk in Singapore is high.. it's not a country I'd want to get caught in..

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, no source is "safe" in Singapore. If you must take the risk I'd probably do it with a more legit vendor, though, (and also not POST about it, authorities do monitor the Sg forum and other areas).

If I were going to want to import something, however, I'd want it at least to not suck and not be authentic if I were willing to GO to PRISON for it.

Maybe take a look at the Singapore forum (it's under the international forums) and just... take a look around.

If you are caught, you will be heavily penalized. Period.

Best of luck, sorry to hear of your situation, but this is likely not the solution you want.

Anna

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

I don't want to talk about specifics but I can tell you I'll live longer, am better behaved, am less likely to roam and am helping fight over population.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
I wouldn't recommend buying vape products off Wish or AliExpress.

I do buy on Amazon though, I bought two boxes of coil heads and am happy with them.

The law issues is something else though. I know the Amazon packaging in France doesn't say what's inside, but it may be different for packages going through borders and customs.

I know that, in my country, even if vape was illegal and I were to try and import a set of coil heads, and unfortunately the package were to be checked, it would simply be dismissed with no further troubles for me, as law enforcements have bigger issues than vaping. I don't know about your country though, so take my words lightly...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome, you will likely find more answers on the SG forum (please read the rules)
SG Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread