Only because it's so Quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
We have had our LP Reo Grands/RM2 for about 3 months now, I personally am ecstatic about the consistent vape I am getting, for me it has been the perfect setup. My wife hasn't really had much to say about hers either way, all she really has to do is change her battery once in a while and she doesn't always do that in a timely manner.last night we were sitting talking and I ask her what she thought about her Reo after 3 month of use, the only negative was it was a bit big in her hand, other wise she said she was extremely pleased, compared with the tank she was using before she never gave it a 2nd thought that it wouldn't work or cause her headaches with leaking and gurgling, it was just the same great vape after vape after...

Subversivedeviant1

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2015
Caucasia
I've really gotta get aboard the squonk train. All u guys rave about the reo mods and I can see why from checking out his gear. Unfortunately it's way outta my price range at the moment. Best I could hope for right now is to build my own or mutilate a cheap box mod neither of which is out of the question

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
I've really gotta get aboard the squonk train. All u guys rave about the reo mods and I can see why from checking out his gear. Unfortunately it's way outta my price range at the moment. Best I could hope for right now is to build my own or mutilate a cheap box mod neither of which is out of the question

Do what I did put a bit of $'s each pay cheque and in no time you can get your Reo. I had to buy 2 and everything else batteries/ charger, VG&PG/100mg nic. Now vaping costs me the price of a Starbucks coffee once a month, something to think about?

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Firstly, congrats to both of you for making the transition so seamlessly. I know you did a boatload of research, Dan, and I think you'd agree that it's paid off.

I think your household is going through the primary bifurcation of reo use. Camp one is people who dig into the scene deeper - researching atties and building, oooh'ing and aaah'ing over reo news and potential additions, popping in here to read and share. Camp two is the people who just use and get on with their day, now freed from tank and other mod hassles.

The reo has legs for both camps. It's like the Willys jeep of mods (practical, dependable, maintainable), yet collectible. It's easy to set up and use, yet it's a platform for endless experimentation. For some, it's a well crafted tool, while it's others' feel that it's a statement (about them, their freedom, their values).

Wondrous little things, really.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Firstly, congrats to both of you for making the transition so seamlessly. I know you did a boatload of research, Dan, and I think you'd agree that it's paid off.

I think your household is going through the primary bifurcation of reo use. Camp one is people who dig into the scene deeper - researching atties and building, oooh'ing and aaah'ing over reo news and potential additions, popping in here to read and share. Camp two is the people who just use and get on with their day, now freed from tank and other mod hassles.

The reo has legs for both camps. It's like the Willys jeep of mods (practical, dependable, maintainable), yet collectible. It's easy to set up and use, yet it's a platform for endless experimentation. For some, it's a well crafted tool, while it's others' feel that it's a statement (about them, their freedom, their values).

Wondrous little things, really.

Well said as always, thanks Brother!

Subversivedeviant1

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2015
Caucasia
Heh any time I pop into a reo chat I'm truly inspired by the love reo owners have for their device and reo's customer service whether from camp one or two (I'd definitely fall into the former). Alas until my kids are outta diapers and off formula it's not likely (*). It's not a terribly pressing matter for me because I do love my centipede & smpl mods. I haven't even had a chance to grab a proper regulated device yet but I just ordered my wife the istick 40 watt tc mod ($20 from FT) in the hopes it'll get her to stop buying cigarettes. If that goes according to plan, however, (*) it will vastly increase the odds I'll be able to start saving up for one of these beauties :thumbs:
Edit: plus I don't wanna outlive my wife...I'll be totally screwed lol

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's sure is Purdy...no I'm just bought Gloria some hand weights, it was cheaper, LOL LOL!

That deserves more than just a standard like.

I'm not sure there's anything to add, Papa pretty much covered it all much more eloquently than I can. I will add that after 4 months of using nothing but REO's I returned to the dark side and got a GEM tank and a Wizard's Apprentice Evolved 2. I only did it because of my love for my Challice III, and I was not disappointed, in fact it may be even better. It's in no way a replacement for my REO's, it is delicate and not for everyday use like back in the day when people had drippers that never left the house.

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's everything I expected, I don't think it would be worth it for you, I haven't gone to unflavored yet. I figured for the price that I could pass it on if I didn't like it. It may very well stay around as the special thing that I only used for flavored juice if I make the transition. The REOs are the workhouses though and even when I take the GEM out for the occasional ride there's always a REO in my other pocket.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
That deserves more than just a standard like.

I'm not sure there's anything to add, Papa pretty much covered it all much more eloquently than I can. I will add that after 4 months of using nothing but REO's I returned to the dark side and got a GEM tank and a Wizard's Apprentice Evolved 2. I only did it because of my love for my Challice III, and I was not disappointed, in fact it may be even better. It's in no way a replacement for my REO's, it is delicate and not for everyday use like back in the day when people had drippers that never left the house.

Been eyeing the GEM as well bcoz just like you, I LOVE my Chalices on my REOs. Haven't used anything else in over 5 months. I just don't have a mod worthy enough to use it on :facepalm:. So if I go for the GEM, it would be very costly bcoz then I'd need a new mod.

REOs are my all day/everyday mods so think I'm gonna hold off for now and my wallet is happy

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Been eyeing the GEM as well bcoz just like you, I LOVE my Chalices on my REOs. Haven't used anything else in over 5 months. I just don't have a mod worthy enough to use it on :facepalm:. So if I go for the GEM, it would be very costly bcoz then I'd need a new mod.

REOs are my all day/everyday mods so think I'm gonna hold off for now and my wallet is happy

I think all tanks are fiddly and besides I'm a Reo man through and through, but not everyone I know is and I like to stay some what current on what's out there. When I saw the Gem I thought of my son, maybe a Christmas present birthday who knows.

Reactions: JC Okie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread