OOO Baked Honey Oats - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Last week I purchased One On One's Baked Honey Oats, just wondering if anyone else had tried it and what their thoughts on it were?

I have 4 bottles of it steeping at the moment,
Baked Honey Oats @ 6.5% 9.8% 13%
and
OOO Baked Honey Oats 9.8% + TFA Dairy Milk 3%

I have had a few vapes of the single flavour bottles and so far the predominant flavour is definitely the honey, it is very sweet too (Steeping time 5-7 days).
Just wondering if the baked oat flavour comes through more with steeping and whether the honey dies down?

Also what flavour percentages people are mixing at and their findings.

All input is valued greatly :)

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I have a bottle along with several of their cereal flavors. No help, I haven't tested them yet.

No worries. Keep me posted please on your findings (when you get around to trying them).
They have a lot of flavours that look appealing, but there is little in the way of reviews for them, at least that I have managed to find.

I am giving mine a 4 week steep to give them the best chance, I did see somewhere that the flavours get far stronger after steeping, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the honey recedes and lets the other notes come forward.

Reactions: john333

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Update, testing after 2 weeks:

The honey has indeed mellowed out, the other notes have become more apparent. I would say that the 'other notes' are somewhere between old dusty museum and a long inhale of a bag of bombay mix. It is quite dry feeling or sort of scratchy on the back of the throat (9.8% mix), so it may prove to be a good (and lighter) alternative to peanut butter in mixes.

The museum taste/smell is only for the first few inhales, after that it melds into a sweeter more rounded vape. It is quite light and pleasant, but not a 'WOW this is gooooood!' flavour as yet.

13.8% mix, this feels sweeter, the honey is still there, but it feels balanced with the other parts. Still quite a subtle taste overall, even at this percentage it doesn't feel strong tasting.

Overall so far the taste is alright, subtle and quite sweet. I hope it gets stronger as time goes on, but at this stage it would not be an ADV for me, just not a hard hitting enough flavour. I may use it in other recipes to add a little depth, but I will wait until the 4 week mark to judge it properly.

I also tried it with a wick that had been used for a strawberry custard mix (CAP sweet strawberry + CAP Vanilla Custard) and it turned it into a sort of apricot/nectarine kind of taste.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Update @ 4weeks
6% is alright, light sort of biscuit taste with some honey sweetness. Not overly great, not something I would vape all day, it is just a bit too plain for me. Could be good as part of a recipe, but not on it's own.

9.8% This is a slighter stronger version, the best of the bunch, balanced mix of the biscuit taste and the honey sweetness. Still not a deep enough flavour for a single flavour mix, but ok for a break from stronger flavours.

13% Too strong. Harsh. Dry tasting and scratchy initially. Flavour on the exhale seems to be lost somewhat, maybe overpowered. Needs taming at this high a percentage. Once the initial harshness it settles down it just becomes a sweet honey taste, the biscuit is more subdued. I think I may have killed some tastebuds.

Baked Honey Oats 9.8% + TFA Dairy Milk 3%. Buttery taste on the inhale, too much for my liking. The honey seems to bring out the buttery notes, which is a little sickening. Need to tone down the cream/butter and add some brown sugar or something, also add peanut butter or similar to enhance the oatyness.

Overall Baked Honey Oats for me will reside at the back of the shelf, I may pluck up the courage at some point to experiment with it in more complex mixes, but for now I would rather vape something else.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Yeah, I think it could work well with a Tobacco flavour.
It is a lot less potent than I thought it would be.
The biscuit part is a bit like the dryness of a peanut butter, but slightly sweeter, possibly how the dryness would be of Almond Butter (never tried it).
It is less intense than Peanut butter, like a pretty mild Graham Cracker (with no cinnamon).

I will test again soon (within the next few days) to make sure it wasn't my taste buds playing tricks or anything.
I will also make up a mix of 11.5% with 1.5% FA Vienna Cream, as this will hopefully turn it into a proper Cereal type vape and add a bit of depth to it along with bringing out the 'baked oat' flavour properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread