Opinions on ASPIRE NAUTILUS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
I'm definitely 100% a flavor chasing Mouth to Lung vaper.. I hate Sub-O tanks and want to upgrade from the smok 2.5 ohm cartomizers I use in a $4 purex tank. Problem is I have yet to find a tank that provides the flavor I get from the cartos.

So I'm asking those that own and have used the Aspire Nautilus 2 what they honestly think if it?
Good flavor?
Good Flavor compared to cartomizers?
Ease of use?
Value for the price?
Issues?
Speed it burns through juice?
Good with 70vg/30pg juices?
Coil life and cost opinions?

Thanks for your time and any opinions Aspire Nautilus 2 users care to give!
The Pug Lady
Screenshot_2018-03-07-11-41-36-1.png
Screenshot_2018-03-07-11-41-36-1.png

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Many are done with cartos by now, so I'd imagine that there is good flavor to be had in a clearo tank. I use the regular nautilus and now a joye exceed tank which is supposed to have good flavor (I only use flavorless). A lot of us also moved to 50/50 from 70/30- try that?
    Oh, there's a new Zenith tank also from P. Busardo and friends.
    It's not hard moving down in ohms usually, I vape 1.2ohms in the Exceed tank and it's fine-pretty tight airflow also.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Nautilus 2 was my quitting tank. Fair disclosure, I no longer use one, for a variety of reasons. I like the nautilus COILS and use them primarily in Kabukis, because the flavor is so much better.

There are some downsides, if you ask me. One, the metal dome captures heat, so the temperatures inside that thing heat up pretty fast. It's nice to have the protective casing, but they went a bit overboard.

It's finicky to fill, for a topfill, and if you use the "max fill" line (as you should) you are really looking at 1.7 capacity. That gives a nice, immediate vape (I didn't like the draw on the original) but you will be filling, and filling frequently. Care needs to be exercised while so doing. If not careful, the coil can wind up "lodged" in the top bell cap, to assist with that, remove the drip tip first.

It gets decent flavor, in my opinion. A lot better than the original nautilus, and better than some other MTL vapes.

A Kabuki (there are clones on Fasttech and I usually suggest them, although they in no way match the flavor of the original) but I usually suggest a clone first to see if you like the "finicky" nature of IT, well, it's 3 ml capacity (or close) the flavor is VASTLY improved, and it's a bottom fill, but an "easy" bottom fill especially if you keep the O-rings lubricated and you won't be filling as much. There is no "metal" to trap heat, and a larger tank means less heat generation when chain vaping and etc. You can get a Plexiglas tube (the original comes with a spare, I broke my "quart glass" almost immediately and I think the clone is likely Plexiglas. I did not bother with spare quartz glass tanks, I don't even do well with NORMAL glass tanks. But, the flavor is vastly improved, the price is vastly increased, for me, it was worth it and I own two originals. Not planning on getting more, however. With the clone, I had to turn the wattage up some to get decent flavor, but it's still better flavor than the N2.

The Ijoy elf, which is pretty much an N2 (and comes with proprietary coils but will ACCEPT nautilus coils) basically fixes all the N2 problems... It's a super easy top fill, it really IS 2 ml, and the "heat sink" is decreased while still doing decent job of protecting the glass, has slightly better flavor in my opinion than then N2, and is kind of an underappreciated gem.

If you want a larger capacity tank, the Innoken Zenith is a good choice. It comes with 1.6? 1.5? coils and a 0.8 coil, I hear the 0.8 coil is a flavor monster right out of the gate, the other coil has a break in period of about 8 ml where the flavor is muted. It is a very well designed, solid tank, it is 24 mm I believe, so if you are looking for something smaller diameter wise, maybe not such a good choice. I think you might like the 0.8 coil, if you are coming from sub0hming. The coils are more durable but seem to last FOREVER. I want to try the 0.8 coil, but I can't get my original coil to DIE I even ran storebought through it. Much more thought to design, best topfill system yet (IMO) and a solid, well thought out tank. I think it gives better flavor than the N2 by a country mile, but I think that about a lot of tanks, including tanks that take the N2 coil. So that's an option, and one I might strongly consider. It's not revolutionary, but it is a solid, well constructed tank and coil life is great.

The N2 coils.... I've vaped them at 100% VG and at 90 VG/10 DW (but I am PG sensitive). My preference is the 1.6 coil, but the 1.8 coil is fine for a tighter draw. My coil life was decent, but I tended to "inhale" after pressing the fire button to keep things wicked. Since DIY, adding DW, and much less flavoring and no colorings, I get good coil life, in fact today one of my N2 coils died, and I was shocked, but I will say I rotate setups now, so I'm not vaping away on one coil all the time and I do what I can to reduce gunking. The coil life is decent, and you CAN probably vape 70 or 80 VG in there without too many other gunking factors. The 0.7 coil tends to have the longest life, but I settled on the 1.6 as my favorite and it remains so.

Fair disclosure, I have moved on to the Joytech CLR 1.0 coil and some RTAs, so my "flavor requirements" are different. I really only use my Kabukis anymore, because (for me) they are the best tank for flavor, for that coil. So, I'm looking backward and saying "that was great... at the time," and I still think it's a reasonable choice to look at, but also, there are a jillion different options besides the N2, which my husband is now using my tanks to quit with, and doing pretty well at it.

That's about all I got.. today. :) Best of luck in your search.

Anna

PugLady

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    The Nautilus 2 was my quitting tank. Fair disclosure, I no longer use one, for a variety of reasons. I like the nautilus COILS and use them primarily in Kabukis, because the flavor is so much better.

There are some downsides, if you ask me. One, the metal dome captures heat, so the temperatures inside that thing heat up pretty fast. It's nice to have the protective casing, but they went a bit overboard.

It's finicky to fill, for a topfill, and if you use the "max fill" line (as you should) you are really looking at 1.7 capacity. That gives a nice, immediate vape (I didn't like the draw on the original) but you will be filling, and filling frequently. Care needs to be exercised while so doing. If not careful, the coil can wind up "lodged" in the top bell cap, to assist with that, remove the drip tip first.

It gets decent flavor, in my opinion. A lot better than the original nautilus, and better than some other MTL vapes.

A Kabuki (there are clones on Fasttech and I usually suggest them, although they in no way match the flavor of the original) but I usually suggest a clone first to see if you like the "finicky" nature of IT, well, it's 3 ml capacity (or close) the flavor is VASTLY improved, and it's a bottom fill, but an "easy" bottom fill especially if you keep the O-rings lubricated and you won't be filling as much. There is no "metal" to trap heat, and a larger tank means less heat generation when chain vaping and etc. You can get a Plexiglas tube (the original comes with a spare, I broke my "quart glass" almost immediately and I think the clone is likely Plexiglas. I did not bother with spare quartz glass tanks, I don't even do well with NORMAL glass tanks. But, the flavor is vastly improved, the price is vastly increased, for me, it was worth it and I own two originals. Not planning on getting more, however. With the clone, I had to turn the wattage up some to get decent flavor, but it's still better flavor than the N2.

The Ijoy elf, which is pretty much an N2 (and comes with proprietary coils but will ACCEPT nautilus coils) basically fixes all the N2 problems... It's a super easy top fill, it really IS 2 ml, and the "heat sink" is decreased while still doing decent job of protecting the glass, has slightly better flavor in my opinion than then N2, and is kind of an underappreciated gem.

If you want a larger capacity tank, the Innoken Zenith is a good choice. It comes with 1.6? 1.5? coils and a 0.8 coil, I hear the 0.8 coil is a flavor monster right out of the gate, the other coil has a break in period of about 8 ml where the flavor is muted. It is a very well designed, solid tank, it is 24 mm I believe, so if you are looking for something smaller diameter wise, maybe not such a good choice. I think you might like the 0.8 coil, if you are coming from sub0hming. The coils are more durable but seem to last FOREVER. I want to try the 0.8 coil, but I can't get my original coil to DIE I even ran storebought through it. Much more thought to design, best topfill system yet (IMO) and a solid, well thought out tank. I think it gives better flavor than the N2 by a country mile, but I think that about a lot of tanks, including tanks that take the N2 coil. So that's an option, and one I might strongly consider. It's not revolutionary, but it is a solid, well constructed tank and coil life is great.

The N2 coils.... I've vaped them at 100% VG and at 90 VG/10 DW (but I am PG sensitive). My preference is the 1.6 coil, but the 1.8 coil is fine for a tighter draw. My coil life was decent, but I tended to "inhale" after pressing the fire button to keep things wicked. Since DIY, adding DW, and much less flavoring and no colorings, I get good coil life, in fact today one of my N2 coils died, and I was shocked, but I will say I rotate setups now, so I'm not vaping away on one coil all the time and I do what I can to reduce gunking. The coil life is decent, and you CAN probably vape 70 or 80 VG in there without too many other gunking factors. The 0.7 coil tends to have the longest life, but I settled on the 1.6 as my favorite and it remains so.

Fair disclosure, I have moved on to the Joytech CLR 1.0 coil and some RTAs, so my "flavor requirements" are different. I really only use my Kabukis anymore, because (for me) they are the best tank for flavor, for that coil. So, I'm looking backward and saying "that was great... at the time," and I still think it's a reasonable choice to look at, but also, there are a jillion different options besides the N2, which my husband is now using my tanks to quit with, and doing pretty well at it.

That's about all I got.. today. :) Best of luck in your search.

Anna
    That's a lot of great info, Thanks Anna!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Love
    Reactions: stols001

PugLady

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 9, 2012
    Arnold Maryland
    Many are done with cartos by now, so I'd imagine that there is good flavor to be had in a clearo tank. I use the regular nautilus and now a joye exceed tank which is supposed to have good flavor (I only use flavorless). A lot of us also moved to 50/50 from 70/30- try that?
    Oh, there's a new Zenith tank also from P. Busardo and friends.
    It's not hard moving down in ohms usually, I vape 1.2ohms in the Exceed tank and it's fine-pretty tight airflow also.
    I've tried quite a few of the clearo's in the past, an array of aspire tanks, none that could touch my flavor, some that were even so bad they gave me headaches within minutes. The cartomizers I use come in lower ohms too, as low as 1.0 & as high as 3.0 but my juices are all 70/30 and work best in the 2.5 ohm so lower vg is not an option for me :) I'm definitely not switchin juices, it took me a loooong time to find my few favorites lol.. I have tried many mtl tanks in the past and none of them have been able to touch the flavor I get in mine. I just figured I'd better ask around about the Nautilus 2 since it's recommended so often for flavor chasers like myself..
    Thanks for your info!
    Kelly :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread