Opinions on Kanger ProTank (Glass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I use them, but do my own recoiling using cellu cotton which gives a better taste or just rewick the standard coil with the cotton. Also, can use an air control adapter on them. Also, with a simple adapter ring purchased at Vapor Kings for cheap can use the replacement bottom vertical coils (BVC) by Aspire. The BVC's are NON nautilus coils and are shorter. One more also, the Davides by Anyvape are in the same class and all that can be done to the ProTank can be done on them. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Thinking of getting the Kangertech ProTank. This one is made of glass. Need some feedback before I spend $.

Which one?

Is the original kanger pro tank still being sold? It was definitely a game changer for its time, although now it is really outdated.

I'd recommend something more updated, like the Aspire Nautilus Mini. Honestly, the best clearos right now are the newest generation Aspire and Kanger tanks....the Aspire Atlantis, and the Kanger Sub Ohm tank, respectively.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
If youre going to go protank, get the air flow control valve base to go with it. Youll thank me later!

I personally like the Aerotanks. They look a little nicer and use the dual coils. (I rebuild them to 1.5 single coils though, and they are awesome like that!) And they come stock with the AFC base.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

tjcraig

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2015
Ramona, CA
Which one? I just got the Protank 3 for my spare rig when I'm with my girlfriend (she shares and can't handle hard throat hits on my main rig).

I'm only comparing it to the iClear 30, but it's pretty underwhelming. It looks nice and sleak, but the throat hit is pretty weak for my liking. The advantage I will give it is it does give me a warmer and tastier draw than the iClear did.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Protanks is what I started with. I kinda strayed from them when I learned how to rebuild Kayfuns. But now that I have learned how to rebuild the Protank heads I find myself using them more.

Just remember ...Save all of your old heads in case you decide to learn how to rebuild. Its not that hard and makes a world of difference..

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My wife and I love our Kanger AeroTanks. We don't use the stock coils though - I rebuild them with 29 gauge kanthal, and wick with KGD cotton, 1.4 ohms. These things are not cloud machines by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think they give a satisfying and tasty vape.

I like how they can be refilled/topped off without completely disassembling. Likewise with popping in a new coil.

When it's time to clean, they come apart nicely.

In over a year of using AeroTanks (original v1), I've had a couple of bases separate into pieces on me. In the base alone, there are seven individual parts: Bottom with 510 threads, two springs, ring, top (threaded to connect to tank), pin, and insulator. All of these pieces are pressure-fitted together. Screwing the base too tightly on to a fixed-pin mod will eventually cause them fall apart. You can press the pieces back together, but they'll separate again.

I haven't had a v2 base separate on me yet, but I suspect these are also pressure-fitted.

The v1 base is only $3.53 from FT (https://www.fasttech.com/p/1654500), so it's not a huge maintenance expense. The other metal parts of the AeroTank are very solid. Of course the glass can break, so you should have spares for when it does.

I've only had the SubTank for a couple of weeks. I can say I don't care for the stock coils. I've been using the RBA part, and I'm pretty happy with that. I made a couple of attempts at rebuilding the stock coils, and I have a way to go before they compare to the RBA part. I'm sure I'll get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread