• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ordering from USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
I live in Denmark and can order anything I want, everything comes through fine.. as long as I order from England.
My prob is that Brits don't care much for the kr8 and theres even been talk of dumping it comepletely some places...
Meanwhile, in USA, the kr8 has just taken a step up..with the new Maxxfusion... Better cartos and more mAh without adding length.

In DK you can't even get nicjuices and prices for gear are way out of proporsion to reality.. Up to 3 times as high!!

So I wanna know if ther are europeans out there, especially Danes, that buy stuff from USA and if you have had problems with taxes or customs in general?

Grifter

Moved On
Dec 11, 2010
Lund, .se
Most likely your package will get through without a problem, but if your customs work the same way ours do (swe), they do random inspections and if you are unfortunate they will open your package, and add a fee for the privilege of letting them open it, aswell as adding a hefty tax to it. I would suspect that any small ejuice bottles wouldn't have a problem, but they might hijack it if you order concentrated nic. Over here the customs system is a mess, the customs don't really know what they should grab or not so sometimes they'll just grab anything and destroy it for the hell of it. Meh. Hate those guys.

Grifter

Moved On
Dec 11, 2010
Lund, .se
I think if you write nic at all, regardless what level, they'll probably be more inclined to take a look. Better to mark it as flavourings. And the value of the package shouldn't matter from sources inside EU since tax has already been applied at the retailer level, I think it's only for packages from outside the EU where you're required to pay tax on values above ~500.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
And the value of the package shouldn't matter from sources inside EU since tax has already been applied at the retailer level, I think it's only for packages from outside the EU where you're required to pay tax on values above ~500.

Eh thats exactly the problem... I wanna order outside EU.. Maybe you misunderstood. I didm't ask about writing anything on the juice from LF.. Can order anything I want from England, no problem... But they dont have the device I want..

I asked about writing on a package from USA.. without juice in it.
Packages fron China come with "max value 10 bucks" on it, if you ask them nicely..

Grifter

Moved On
Dec 11, 2010
Lund, .se
D'oh.

I have no direct experience with it, most of my orders from usa in the past (not pv related) have gone via a friend in usa, and once they get the stuff they giftwrap it and set the value to be ~$50, to minimize chance of interception. With this method I haven't had any problems in the past, but that could simply be luck too. I'd be wary of setting the value at $10, if they run it through xray and see electronics they're bound to know it's worth more than $10, but that's just my assumption.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Hej Michelle. I use to buy at Creator (KR808D-1) Cartos - Cartridges from the UK fast shipping join us at Ecig-forum.dk If you want to rite in danish :)

Yearh thanks but as i wrote, they don't have the one I want... Acually have the creator allready..Their Cartos are the old Kangers and DO NOT cut it. Tech has improved since then. Maybe their about to update, or maybe they just have alot of old stock to get rid of first. Toby though is awsome. Exellent customer service.
Been at Ecig-forum.dk a couple of times, but that place really seems to be a bit to quiet for me.A bit behind the loop... and also quite coloured by that Michael guy, hwo thinks he's some kind of expert. Saw him making his own destilled water.. haha what a comeplete chump. Playing vendors out against eachother, giving good reviews on crap, just because they sent him the most stuff. Since he seems to be all over that site, I just dropped it.. If things have changed since I would give it a go again, even though its neet to get my english practiced here..
Would be alot cooler if we made a place for danes in the europe forum right here at ecf where it all happens anyway.. Man må godt skrive dansk i det forum..

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
If you try to stay under USD 100 and half a kilo most probably customs will not be an issue.
I order quite regularly but just lately one of my package with a precious Darwin got lost... No I have to wait until the vendor got the insurance after the USPS investigation...

oh bummer..

under 100 hmm. My pack was $106, after i had it a week, in comes a letter from fedex that i owe them 60 bucks they payed in custom taxes.. That doesnt seem right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread