The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ordering my first VAMO kit

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by Sd13, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sd13

Sd13 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I am a total newbie to the world of APVs. I want to place an order from fasttech but there are so many different setup options. 6-in-1, 5-in-1 etc. I want the newest version in stainless steel. I want it to come with batteries and a charger. Which package version should i be looking at?

2. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    This is their highest quality offering. Contains Panasonic batteries and a Nitecore I2 charger. No toppers.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1395801

This is step down for batteries and the charger, but comes with a clearo. I personally don't trust any battery sold by FastTech, so I ordered this one in gunmetal black. I already have a high end charger (used for batteries in other devices) and I have two 18650B's on the way from a reputable US dealer who only stocks genuine Panasonic cells.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1395002

3. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Go with ICBR's first link, you wont be disappointed.

Have the same vamo, same batteries, and a 4bay version of that charger, all work quite well.

Might as well grab a Protank 1 from um too, $12 is well worth it.

4. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    Good call. Thank you :toast:

5. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I would like to concur, but my order is still on a slow boat from Hong Kong. :D

6. Sd13

Jun 24, 2013
    NJ
    I ordered the kit with the panasonic 18650 batteries and nitecore i2 charger. I would also like to order a couple of 18350 batteries. Which batteries work well with the vamo? They don't necessarily have to be from FT.

7. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

AW 18350's from RTDvapor, or Efest v2 18350's from Efest, Ebay, other vape shops etc.

Avoid FT's 18350's, most people seem to say avoid anything with 'Fire' in the name...lol.

Supposedly, according to what ive read, AW get first choice, Efest second, and others the rest.

8. hvac999

hvac999 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I would definitely go for the kit with the Nitecore and Pannys. I use all of those exact items but purchased them separately before I knew about FastTech. I would have saved $20 by getting that set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.