Ordering next mod, SO MANY VENDORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Got my Alpha in the mail from altsmoke today, LOVING IT. 14500 batteries are a nice spot for me, and considering so many box mods at 3.7v use 14500's, I'm really considering getting a juice fed "wetbox".

Problem is, tons of vendors seem to carry them, a lot of them at different prices. I have no idea which vendors have quality service and a good product.

tl;dr - Recommendations for vendors that carry 3.7 juice fed box mods?

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
If you really want to get an up close look at mods stalk the classies for a while. I hate to be the one to lead you to your ultimate demise (mods can be a bit of an obsession in these parts) but is a great way to become familiar w/ mods. Also there is a thread where people are showing pics of their set ups. It's truly amazing what some people out there have collected.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to be mulling over several vendors to see what's up, see what 3.7v juiceboxes they're rockin. Old goat seems like a great place, although kinda strange and "Shady" to me, although I've seen how reliable they are. And then crystal clear vaping has the bolt... So many mods, limited amount of money. :p

I know that feeling huffelpuff, I'm gonna get the sickness.

Caveman Mike, I would rock higher voltages but most of my cartos are 1.5-2.5 ohms. I'm getting 5 3.2ohm cartos soon, so I'll see if higher voltages are my thing. I've tried it before but I recall not caring for it.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome and 3.7 vaping is fine for a lot of people , but the 14500 battery mods , is not really the way to go . Get aPV that still does 3.7 but utilizes a larger battery , so it lasts a lot longer between charges . A lot of the BiG battery mods will also do 5 and 6 volts , just by using different batteries . Now you have the option of vaping at 3.7 , but you can also rock at 5 or 6 volts . Lots of PV's out there to accomplish this . A Silver Bullet comes to mind , about 80.00 , or for a bottom feeder , go for a REO " Grand" about 140.00 or sometimes you can find one used in the classy's for a little less . But there are lots of them to choose from , so take your time and look around first .

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
tricci, I'm rockin' cartomizer tanks right now, several. They're working great, but I want a bottom feeder for a cleaner looking pv option. And, I hate atomizers right now, hopefully a bottomfeeder would change that.

Eh, not a fan of the vapage from what I hear. If it's 50% off though that might be a steal :D

Renzuli, honestly I'm enjoying the 900mah batteries. I've got the alpha going fine still, and I've used regular 3.7v box mods without ever running out of battery. I usually take them out and throw em on the charger, and I've always got 2 ready to go. I'm getting an extended sleeve for my roughstack along with an 18650, if I love that then I'll be looking at the big battery mods. I'm mostly worried about size, that's why I like 14500 batts, the mods are typically small.

Caveman Mike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2011
Jackson MI
I was just looking at the krimson kustom mods and James has a bottom feeder mods. Everyone seems to like them and from what I read, very reliable. I see he has some vv bottom feeders too. That might just work for me then and might need to order one. The 3.7 volt bottom feeder is $30.00. That probably as cheap as you are going to get with quality workmanship. Damn now I really want one of the vv ones

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Just got my 3.7 old goat bottom feeder today. At 30 bucks shipped it is hard to beat price wise to check out the mod world. I have set it on its side, set it on the arm of the chair, etc and no leaking so far. I am using a 2.0 ohm atomizer. Lots of vapor and a cool color changing led to boot. Just my :2c: good luck with your choice - I also have a hog mod on the way but wanted to practice "squonking" and the like before wrecking a beautiful wood mod over 100 clams. Enjoy the journey!

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
A mod is just abattery holder.I have lots of them.The only thing that makes a difference is the atty.If I would have realized this 2 yrs ago I would have saved a lot of time and money.I've paid anywhere from $15 to $!60 for battery holders and haven't found much difference.I wish you luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread