Original TFV8 Baby, smaller mutant version !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

santabill

Jun 30, 2019
I need your help. I bought a smok alien with a "TFV8 Baby".
According to anti-counterfeit check is an original product!
Now my glass is broken. The TFV8 is smaller, needs a smaller glass, but there is no spare glass for my mutant "TFV8 Baby".

Here are some pictures:

Left is "TFV8 Baby", right is my "mutated TFV8 Baby"
IMG-9780.jpg

My "mutated TFV8 baby" was included in the Alien mod box
28509-D0-F-CAC3-4687-919-F-F9035841834-A.jpg

Comparison without "mutated TFV8 baby"
F192-C1-C7-9-A46-41-BE-AE59-3-F64243-C9-B61-14332-0000748-FD60628-E.jpg

What kind of TFV8 baby do I have? Are these glasses available in shorter heights?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I need your help. I bought a Smok Alien with a "TFV8 Baby".
According to anti-counterfeit check is an original product!
Now my glass is broken. The TFV8 is smaller, needs a smaller glass, but there is no spare glass for my mutant "TFV8 Baby".

Here are some pictures:

Left is "TFV8 Baby", right is my "mutated TFV8 Baby"
IMG-9780.jpg

My "mutated TFV8 baby" was included in the Alien Mod box
28509-D0-F-CAC3-4687-919-F-F9035841834-A.jpg

Comparison without "mutated TFV8 baby"
F192-C1-C7-9-A46-41-BE-AE59-3-F64243-C9-B61-14332-0000748-FD60628-E.jpg

What kind of TFV8 baby do I have? Are these glasses available in shorter heights?
There are so many tfv8 variants, that your product is somewhere in the Smok catalog somewhere. My guess, a baby beast.

Easiest solution, take it to a smoke shop that does glass blowing on site, as they can custom make you glass, for probably the same price as original with shipping, and can customize the look too.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

santabill

Jun 30, 2019
Thank you for your answer, but which TFV8 version do I have?

The last photo shows all available TFV8 versions without my mutated TFV8
However, this mutated version of TFV8 (for which I need a replacement glass) is original SMOK since it was included in the mod box and is also shown at the product photo of the black paper box)

The last photo shows:
- TFV8
- TFV8 Big Baby
- TFV8 Baby

What is the product type / version of my TFV8? The glass is shorter than all other TFV8 versions !!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Go to a smok store, and ask. They should be able to tell you and you might even be able to buy your glass right there.

If it's a kit the literature should ALSO tell you which one it is, in the materials in the kit. Go read them.

I think glassblowing is a little over the top, but maybe that is just me. However the other responses you are getting are good.

Best of luck,

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Go to a smok store, and ask. They should be able to tell you and you might even be able to buy your glass right there.

If it's a kit the literature should ALSO tell you which one it is, in the materials in the kit. Go read them.

I think glassblowing is a little over the top, but maybe that is just me. However the other responses you are getting are good.

Best of luck,

Anna
The shop here will make a bubble tank for 8$. Color or designs are extra.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The shop here will make a bubble tank for 8$. Color or designs are extra.

Curious where you are? Glass blowing seems like something we'll outside the services of any vape shop I know of, unless it's an in-house specialty because the owner is into glass blowing and decided to offer it for custom work like bubbles you describe. Only places I've ever heard of were online.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Curious where you are? Glass blowing seems like something we'll outside the services of any vape shop I know of, unless it's an in-house specialty because the owner is into glass blowing and decided to offer it for custom work like bubbles you describe. Only places I've ever heard of were online.
It the smoke shop in town. They have a lamp working setup in the window. They sell all sorts of smoking/vaping gear and such. The glass artist will make anything you want. A bubble glass is simply a tapered tube, and takes all of 10 minutes.

Reactions: Anise

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
It the smoke shop in town. They have a lamp working setup in the window. They sell all sorts of smoking/vaping gear and such. The glass artist will make anything you want. A bubble glass is simply a tapered tube, and takes all of 10 minutes.

What Country or state are you in? I'm in southern Louisiana and there aren't any glass blowers around. Even the head shops order their pipes already made.

Reactions: Eskie

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
What Country or state are you in? I'm in southern Louisiana and there aren't any glass blowers around. Even the head shops order their pipes already made.
I'm in a small suburb of Philadelphia. There are 2 "variety" style smoke shops on main Street, both offer glass work on request. There are more than a few schools that offer the study around here though, as Dow Corning is right across the border in DE. They have a full staff making custom lab ware around the clock.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Inked Atty makes replacement glass and expansion kits. Confirm which TFV8 you have – knowing Smok there could be dozens of different versions. TFV8, TFV8 Baby, TFV8 Big Baby, TFV8 X, TFV8 Baby V2 etc….and that is not even counting the Prince, Cobra and Cloud variants!!

All Day Vape Expansion Kits and Designer Vape Accessories

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I'm in a small suburb of Philadelphia. There are 2 "variety" style smoke shops on main Street, both offer glass work on request. There are more than a few schools that offer the study around here though, as Dow Corning is right across the border in DE. They have a full staff making custom lab ware around the clock.

You're lucky!

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Kind of confusing, so many different models of a TFV8. Thanks for your help.

Don't worry. Smok always does that with their stuff. Most of us remain confused on what fits what when we need replacements. Pretty sure they do it on purpose so you finally just throw in the towel and buy a new release version so you have all the parts.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Not really, I assume it is a "TFV8 Baby Beast"
and besides the "Baby Beast" there might also be these models in existence
- TFV8
- TFV8 Big Baby
- TFV8 Baby

I will try my luck in a local vaper store
Where did you buy the kit? The smok alien is well known to have been cloned and there are plenty of those counterfeits out there being sold as authentic. Yours could possibly be one of those counterfeits with a tank that is not made to the same spec as the authentic.

I could be wrong, but it is a real possibility.

Reactions: HigherStateD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread