OT - John Lennon, RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Thread started in memory of John Lennon for any Beatles fans around here, today is the 30th anniversary of his tragic assasination. Be sure to check out the awesome Beatles website by V4L fam member Maxwell_Edison (majoring in medicine) at http://beatlesnumber9.com.

My favorite memory of him is from the Hard Days Night movie. What is yours?

Last edited:

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
My favorite memory is hard to say, his peace activism I guess. The Beatles wrote the soundtrack to my life as well as for many others, and John was my favorite. I'll never forget the day he died. I think George Harrison would have embraced and enjoyed the PV concept, and that might possibly have saved his life. But Lennon's death? So tragic :( Pay your respects on Facebook too Beatles Number 9 | Facebook

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
I grew up listening to the Beatles, still remember seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show when i was a kid, on our tv. My dad was a cop and I remember him just shaking his head listening to their music.
I kinda drifted away from them [ still prefer the Stones ] but will always love John for his passion and genius.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I grew up listening to the Beatles, still remember seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show when i was a kid, on our tv. My dad was a cop and I remember him just shaking his head listening to their music.
I kinda drifted away from them [ still prefer the Stones ] but will always love John for his passion and genius.

Blasphemy!:)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
The day they stepped off the plane in NY! I was 13 and they were my first crush..all 4 of them..lol! Did you know we still say John, Paul George and Ringo in that order because that's the way they were introduced getting off the plane! I still have my 1st Beatles album. It's only 46 years old! Still love them!

airport5.jpg

Meet_the_Beatles_first_album_cover.jpg

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Slightly OT. I hope you Beatles~lovers have hooked up with the recent "Love" (Cirque...) album. The painstaking mix of that album was done by George Martin, who produced the early Beatles. He and his son, another engineer, went through all of the original tapes for many months to piece together fresh new versions that almost sound like they were recorded today. Amazing stuff. The pristine remix of "I am the Walrus", with John at his snarliest, is reason enough to check it out.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Slightly OT. I hope you Beatles~lovers have hooked up with the recent "Love" (Cirque...) album. The painstaking mix of that album was done by George Martin, who produced the early Beatles. He and his son, another engineer, went through all of the original tapes for many months to piece together fresh new versions that almost sound like they were recorded today. Amazing stuff. The pristine remix of "I am the Walrus", with John at his snarliest, is reason enough to check it out.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Yes, I borrowed that album from a guy at work and then actually saw the Cirque show LOVE last month in Vegas. It was such a great show, words can't express how awesome it was. They had a Beatles store with all kinds of cool stuff. I bought a Sgt. Pepper's lunch box & hat, although I wanted everything in there! If you ever go to see it, make sure you get the Hello Goodbye drink before you go in!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread