Oukitel Lark Pod System Vape Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Lark pod system from Oukitel. The Lark pod system was supplied for the purpose of this review by Victoria from Oukitel.

OUKITEL Smartphone,OUKITEL phone,OUKITEL

Introduction

Oukitel are a manufacturer well known for their smartphones who have very recently entered the vaping world. The Lark to the best of my knowledge is their third vaping device and is a draw activated 350mAh device which outputs very low constant wattage while the battery allows so gives a consistent vape. The Lark's pod house's a mesh coil with ceramic wicking material and has a capacity of 1.8ml, so let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Lark Battery
1 x Lark Cartridge
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Lark comes in flat cardboard packaging and on opening i found i had received the Gunmetal version, it's also available in Black, Red and Gold. The Lark is quite a stealthy device and is nicely contoured to feel comfortable in the hand. Oukitel have used Zircon sand painting technology which i don't know if it is what they use on their phones but it's a high quality finish. The top of the device has the dark tinted mouthpiece of the pod showing which is shaped to be comfortable between the lips. On the front we have "OUKITEL" printed in Black towards the bottom and much further up a LED indication light. We have a very small hole on both sides for airflow and the base has a Black plastic section with the micro USB port positioned centrally. The material used for the main body is some kind of light metal which at a guess is Aluminium but i could be wrong. The device is quite plain looking which many will prefer but looks and feels high quality.

Lark Specs and Features:

Size: 20.5 x 12 x 110mm
Capacity: 1.8ml
Battery: 350mAh
Coil: Ceramic
Working Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Working Wattage: 6W
Colour: Black, Red, Gold, Gunmetal

The Pod

The Pod is completely tinted quite dark but surprisingly the juice inside can be seen very easily. The pod holds 1.8ml of liquid and is filled from the side, there is a removable bung which reveals a fill port which will accommodate most nozzles so no issues. Although i had no issues with filling the bung it'self completely removes and doesn't stay attached to the pod, also you don't receive a spare bung so if you lose it you are stuffed especially as you also only receive one pod (a massive con). The bottom of the pod has the two contact plates with the airway to lead to the membrane switch between, to both outer edges of the pod we have a magnet. As for the resistance of the coil i have no idea as i can't find the information anywhere.

Fitting The Pod

Looking inside the device we can see the Gold plated, spring loaded contacts and 2 openings to the membrane switch between, the openings are raised so any leaking e-liquid or condensation shouldn't get into the device. To the outer sides of the contacts we have good size magnets to correspond to the ones on the pod. The pod fits very securely snapping into place, the magnets are impressively strong.

Using The Lark

The Lark is draw activated and has no physical button so simply put to your lips and vape. The device does have battery status indication which is a pro but i feel could be done much better. When you take a vape and the battery is full the LED is solid lit when vaping, as you use the battery it then starts to give a slow flash which quickens the lower the battery gets. I suppose if using the device regularly you would become use to judging the speed of the flash to corresponding life but having the light go different colours depending on status is a much better way of communicating battery status in my opinion. The Lark has all the usual safety features you would expect which are indicated by various flashes, it's worth mentioning the LED is very bright which personally i do like.

Charging The Battery

The battery is charged via the micro USB port and takes about 40 minutes. While charging the LED is lit and goes off when fully charged. The Lark does support pass through but the supplied cable is ridiculously short.

My Experience Using The Lark

The Lark i found to be a mixed bag of very good but also much that can be improved on. The best asset the Lark has is the flavour produced from the pods it really is up there with the best pod devices when it comes to flavour but not for those that like a warm vape as it is on the cool side. The device isn't for those that like a really loose MTL draw as although not super tight it is still more on the tight side which actually not so many pod devices of late tend to be so probably not a bad idea producing a device with this type of draw. I also do like the consistency of the vape giving 6w throughout apart from right at the end of the batteries life and the membrane switch responds very well. I did get a bit of leaking from the pod though and with only receiving one pod in the kit i have to assume all pods will be the same as i can't give myself a second opinion by trying another pod, the raised openings to the membrane switch is a good design feature but it makes me wonder if it was a forced one. As explained earlier the device does have battery status indication which is a pro but could be done better and lastly we come to battery life. At such a low wattage output 350mAh should be fair (although bigger is always better) and the 300 puffs given as a guide on Oukitel's website sounds about right. However i got nowhere near 300 puffs between charges and can say nothing other than battery life i found to be poor, on the up side it did only take 40 minutes to charge and it does support pass through.

High quality finishes
4 Colour options
Ergonomic stealthy device
Comfortable between the lips
Draw is on tight side (less pod devices with that type of draw)
Flavour is top notch for pod device
Very consistent vape
Membrane switch responds very well
Raised openings to membrane switch
Pod fits very securely
Had no issues filling the pod
E-liquid can be clearly seen inside the pod
Very bright LED
Battery status indication (although could be done better)
Very easy to use
Charged in just 40 minutes
Supports pass-through

Cons

Poor battery life
Slight leaking from pod (nothing too dramatic, but still)
Bung for fill port could easily be dropped and lost (no spare)
Only one pod included
Battery status indication could be done better
Airflow non-adjustable
Specs given are very sparse (including no coil resistance given)
Draw activated only

I would once again like to thank Victoria from Oukitel for supplying the Lark Pod System for the purpose of this review.

OUKITEL Smartphone,OUKITEL phone,OUKITEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread