Outcry After High School Students Strip-Searched for Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
"In mid-January, staff at a Wisconsin high school conducted invasive searches of six female students, ordering them to strip down to their underwear. The searches were done because the administration suspected the students of concealing nicotine vaping devices."

"Subsequently, they have adopted extreme measures: The most prominent example, perhaps, occurred last summer, after police violently restrained teenagers for vaping on a Maryland boardwalk, where it wasn’t allowed. And high school nicotine testing regimens—with penalties from exclusion from extracurricular activities to expulsion—have in many places recreated the punitive approach of the drug war."

"“This appalling incident is a malign byproduct of a moral panic about vaping engineered by federal agencies, philanthropists and fanatical activists,” he continued. “They really need to calm this down and even recognize that for some young people vaping is a good thing, if it means they’re not smoking. It’s all gone way too far.”

See whole article here:
Outcry After High School Students Strip-Searched for Vapes

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
My kids would have been that age 45 years ago. Even then before you strip search my child someone better give me a call so I could give my answer of "Hell No". How many more rights do we have to give up. The very most parents should have been informed and kids released to them unless they were under arrest. I can see a civil suit coming here.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
My kids would have been that age 45 years ago. Even then before you strip search my child someone better give me a call so I could give my answer of "Hell No". How many more rights do we have to give up. The very most parents should have been informed and kids released to them unless they were under arrest. I can see a civil suit coming here.
I don't remember ever hearing of these kinds of policing behaviors around cigarette smoking. It begs the question of how soon until vaping is banned and we adults are strip searched, tazed, hog tied and hauled off to jail for hiding outside to have a vape, or pulled over in our cars while vaping.

Everything nowadays, every rule, restriction, law or ban, is to build authoritarian powers.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    , or pulled over in our cars while vaping.
    Not long after I started vaping, I got pulled over when a cop saw me vaping and didn't know what it was. He followed me for close to three miles before stopping me. I guess he needed time to think of an official enough reason to do so. He said he pulled me over because I was driving to close to the right.. o_O

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Not long after I started vaping, I got pulled over when a cop saw me vaping and didn't know what it was. He followed me for close to three miles before stopping me. I guess he needed time to think of an official enough reason to do so. He said he pulled me over because I was driving to close to the right.. o_O
    I could reason that he thought you might be using a hand held speaking device for your phone, or a vaporizer for the "other stuff", a clueless grunt watching you through the back of a tinted windshield, but when it comes right down to it, he saw a fish to catch, and he followed (harassed) a law abiding citizen who was doing no wrong. It foreshadows what can happen under a vaping ban.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread