Over $100.00 on juices - still no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgraves66

Dec 10, 2011
Bedford, TX
Now that I've got my perfect PV setup (IPro + Boge 3.0), I'm having a really difficult time finding juices that don't taste absolutely horrible. Juices with mint or menthol with light tobacco taste work the best so far.

Need some suggestions before I drop more $$$ on samples. So far, all samples have been 60/40 or 50/50. Definitely no fruit juices - almost all of them make me nauseous after a while. Same effect I get from fake sugars in soft drinks.

I've settled on DK-TAB - really dislike the strong TH but flavor is good. Light to medium TH or no TH with good vapor work equally well.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
If you like non-sweet tobacco juices then I would suggest you take a look at:

https://vaporstation.com/
American Crafted E-Juice
Backwoods Brew <----Allow a few weeks for these juices to steep. They don't taste the way they should when you get them fresh from the mailbox. Something to try is their menthol tobacco (you have a choice of how strong you want the menthol to be as well.)

60/40 is basically the limit in how much VG can be used in cartos without creating wicking issues. You might also wanna try 80/20 or a 70/30 blend as well. Since the higher the PG content, the more flavor there is in the juice. DK-tab is a very popular flavor amongst juices from Dekang. Like to vape it myself from time to time along with some of their 555 and Mild-7.

Just remember taste is subjective and so, you might have to go through a bit of juices before you find some things you actually like. Those vendors have a good amount of tobacco juices that aren't sweet. Got that from the description of how you like DK-Tab. Also, you might wanna step down your nic level if you find the TH too strong for you.

Last edited:

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
Try tobacco/menthol from Tasty Vapor. Let it sit for 3 or 4 days after you get it.

I hated it at first but no am loving it.

I think its exactly what youre looking for in a juice.

Another unlikely winner for me was kick bass vapor v spot vanilla, i can vape this all day!! Its not sweet, and its such a great vanilla, i bet this would be good mixed with your dk tab :)

Jim

sweetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Texas
I've got to chime in and say please try Tobacco Haze from Mom & Pop Vapor Shop. It's amazing, and I've yet to find a person that vapes tobacco flavors not to like it. I had the same sort of struggle for my mother to like her juices, and that's the one she stayed with. She's got the same problem with fruit juices, and pretty much any "sweet" juice.

I on the other hand adore desert juices, candy juices, etc. I still love this amazing flavor! When I'm getting the urge to go smoke an analog, the Haze is what I'll vape instead, works every time to calm that craving.

Keep at it - you'll find a juice that trips your trigger, and even sub-par juices are far superior to sucking on cancer sticks!

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
Hang in there! I have a major sweet tooth and don't do much tobacco or menthol flavors anymore, so I'm not much help. I have noticed that my tastes have changed several times. Juice that I hated a month ago, I love today. If you ever happen to make it to deep East Texas (Nacogdoches) shoot me a pm. A couple of us ECF'ers get together regularly to test juices and pv's.
Good Luck in finding your all day vape!

sgraves66

Dec 10, 2011
Bedford, TX
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I think the DK-TAB is 100% PG - the local shop has a similar (DK Tobacco) in some ratio - may try it instead. Pretty much all 100% PG I've tried have had way too much TH. I always hated throat burn with analogs and it stays the same with vaping.

I've spent a few days with Chocolate Mint Xplosion from primevaping.com and it's sinking in now. Think this may be a win and I just needed to let it steep.

I'll up to 70/30 or 80/20 next round of samples too.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I've got to chime in and say please try Tobacco Haze from Mom & Pop Vapor Shop. It's amazing, and I've yet to find a person that vapes tobacco flavors not to like it.

sweetz,

Let me be the first to say that I'm not a big fan of M&P's Tobacco Haze. That's not meant to imply that it's anything less than you feel it is, just that it's not my particular cup of tea. Same with their Honey Tobacco. Too sweet for me. On the other hand, I love a bunch of Mom&Pop's Tobacco Absolute-based blends: both RY4s (RY4 and RY4v2), 10Forty, and RYO, which is probably my current favorite of theirs. I like the fact that RYO is all tobacco with no other flavors and lives right on the edge of that "ashy" quality that's reminiscent of analogs.

Robnoxious

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2011
Brighton, Michigan
Hi there! I have been vaping for just 2 months now and have found that in my personal expirience with liquids, High Caliber e-juice 50/50 blend, no matter what the flavor is the best quality. The flavors Red and white, and American 55, are the two flavors i vape constantly. They taste great!!!! I tried several flavors from several vendors and i gave all my other liquids away. I just ordered 6 30ml bottles of red and white from myvaporstore.com i cant wait to get it. Im almost out!!!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I'm playing around with DCC in a tank setup but I need a juice I'm willing to commit to - have had random success cleaning a carto for use with another juice.

The Boge 3.0 don't seem to burn @ 5.5v, so they've won the contest for now.

I find that the higher the voltage (well, actually watts) the more some juices get ruined. Fruit flavors in particular (not a huge fan anyway). Your 3.0 ohms at 5.5 volts is about 10 watts...(assuming your device/batts put out the necessary amps) a bit hot for me IMHO and has more TH too. I use 3.0 ohm stuff (atties) but at 5 volts (8.3333 watts) and that's my max.

As far as flavors go... have you considered DIY so you can "tweak" it? Also, the more VG and the less nic, the lower the TH. But note the comment/post above about wicking in a carto.

Also... you could try dripping if you want higher VG.

Good Luck!

A.P.

Last edited:

sgraves66

Dec 10, 2011
Bedford, TX
I find that the higher the voltage (well, actually watts) the more some juices get ruined. Fruit flavors in particular (not a huge fan anyway). Your 3.0 ohms at 5.5 volts is about 10 watts...

I have a VV mod - with DK-Tab, I'm somewhere in the 3.5v-4.0v range. After dropping from 18mg to 11mg nic, TH is either much better or I'm just used to it :) Mornings and night, I'll vape @ lower voltage.

As far as flavors go... have you considered DIY so you can "tweak" it?
I've looked in to it, but I'm a bit apprehensive. For one, I have a 5 month old baby boy and don't want any accidental spills. Secondly, I'm not sure I really want to mix high levels of nic myself.

I do try mixing juices and have noticed some unflavored PG/VG juices for sale. I may just need to get some flavors and add them to juices that almost make the cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread